I bought this 2 device Orbi system (router + 1 satellite) for our condo after I had installed a 3 device Orbi system (router + 2 satellites) in our main home. After getting the unit set up on our Xfinity network, we tested the speed on speedtest.net. Download was 198.28 Mbps and upload was 11.44, which is over 5 times as fast as the default Xfinity wifi.
About This Item
Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System:
- FAST WHOLE HOME WIFI SYSTEM - Covers up to 5000 square feet with high performance WiFi, kit includes WiFi router and Satellites
- TRI-BAND TECHNOLOGY - Unlike other WiFi sets that lose speed as you add devices, Orbi routers maintain data flow for your connected devices using a dedicated backhaul connection
- SINGLE WIFI NETWORK NAME - Provides seamless room-to-room roaming throughout your home
- QUICK & EASY SETUP - No need to create new accounts; just download the Orbi app, plug in your system, and follow the instructions on your PC, Mac or mobile device to get your house on the net
- GUEST NETWORK - Easily set up a separate and secure WiFi network for visitors and guests to use; the perfect web gear combo for movie streaming and gaming sessions with friends and family
- Use the Orbi app or any web browser to create secure whole home WiFi in minutes. No accounts to create or personal information needed to setup.
- COMPATIBLE WITH AMAZON ECHO/ALEXA - Control your home network using voice commands. Now includes Circle with Disney Smart Parental Controls - Manage your family's access to the internet by device, app, or website
- NETGEAR Armor - Built-in anti-virus and data theft protection for all of your smartphones and computers. Protects your connected home from internet threats. Included trial covers unlimited devices.
- One (1) Orbi Router (RBR50)
- One (1) Orbi Satellite (RBS50)
- One (1) 2m Ethernet cable
- Two (2) 12V/3.5A power adapters
- Quick start guide
Explore this item
Supported Networking Standards
|Assembled Product Weight|
Country of Origin - Components
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Country of Origin - Assembly
You are viewing
NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System - Simple setup, Wireless router replacement, no WiFi dead zones, Up to 5000 sqft, 2pk (RBK50)
|1 Year Warranty|
|USA and Imported|
LAN: 4 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet; WAN: 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet; 1 x USB 2.0
Manuals & Guides
Finally, something that works
Up to this point, I've tried multiple range extenders. Have use Netgear extenders, Linksys extenders, with only limited success at best. I would have frequent signal drops, and I would have to do multiple device reboots to re-establish a signal.
The orbi is the first one that I've personally used that simply works. No more dropped signals, no more device reboots. Plus the coverage is exceptional.
The one thing I would caution about would be the location of the satellite. I had it in my first chosen location and I received a blue ring that indicated perfect connection. Yet, I still experienced a few minor issues. That's when I noticed on the orbi app on my phone that the satellite was showing an orange dot instead of a green dot. I Now understand that had something to do with what they call the back hall. I simply repositioned the satellite a little closer to the router, checked the app, found that the satellite now had a Green Dot, and everything's been good since.
Again, all I can say is, this is the first extender I've used that has delivered as promised.
Great Product - Worth it
Before this system, I had a router and extender. My wifi goes in and out several times a day. I thought the issue was with the ISP. Finally, I decided to switch from traditional Wifi to mesh technology. It was an eye opener to me, my internet speed reached peak point of our ISP's bandwidth and so does the internet stay alive.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question