this insect trap does everything it says it will do. i would strongly recommend it to anyone who does not like biting bugs. it is easy to set-up and easy to maintain. IT CATCHES BUGS !!!!
Mosquito PowerTrap, 1 Acre
Arrives by Fri, Feb 28
About This Item
Mosquito PowerTrap, 1 Acre:
- Virtually maintenance free
- No open flame, no nets to empty, no sticky panels to replace
- Kills mosquitoes and biting flies
- Recommended for areas up to 1 acre
- Helps protect against infectious diseases carried by mosquitos
- "Set and Forget" operation with 4 operating time modes
- LED motion lighting increases capture rate
- Generates heat, moisture and carbon dioxide
- Octenol lure included — time release cartridge adds scent for increased effectiveness
- Safe, low-voltage wiring for above or below ground installation
- Vacuum draws biting insects into a reusable catch tray where they quickly dehydrate and die
- Fast, clean and easy insect disposal system
- See-through catch tray
- Control switches and mode indicator lights
- Microprocessor programmed to automatically control all operating functions
- Connects to 20 lb propane tank (not included)
- Exclusive catalytic converter uses a platinum catalyst which is safe, flameless and never needs replacing
- Patented, non-clogging system, uses a forever clean pulsating valve, to ensure flow of propane gas
- Includes post and stand
- Operating modes:
- 24/7: On 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 3 Hours: On at dusk, off 3 hours later
- 3+2 Hours: On at dusk, off 3 hours later; on again at dawn, off 2 hours later
- 4+3 Hours: On at dusk, off 4 hours later; on again at dawn, off 3 hours later
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer andbirth defects or other reproductive harm. www.p65warnings.ca.gov
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
14.00 x 17.00 x 32.00 Inches
Does What it is advertised to do.
I have two of these machines and they do eliminate the biting insects. We live in South GA on the coast and we can sit out on our patio when othre folks cannot leave their house. Flowtron has delt with all of my probems under warranty to my satisfaction. the problem is after two years of 24/7 use the machines are pretty much done and have to be replaced. A longer life span would be good but they get the job done.
OK but not as good at the 1st one
I bought the Power Trap Plus 1 Acre Mosquito trap 3 or 4 years ago. It came with a metal stand and cover for the propane tank. It lasted me 3 years in the hot Texas weather before failing. I placed it in a bushy niche at the back of the yard and it did well and I felt appreciable decrease in mosquitos. This new one is while, not as big as the other, and didn't even have "plus" in its name. It has a plastic stand that is about half a foot shorter than the metal stand of the original one. Currently its starter continously clicks as if it doesn't know it has ignited the propane. Not sure what is wrong with it and will likely have to take it back. So overall, smaller, likely still OK at reducing mosquitos, but not as good of quality as the original one.
Don't waste your money!
This product broke after about 3 weeks..... at which point Flowtron (the makers) took it back to repair the broken part. After a couple of weeks they shipped us a repaired model. This then proceeded to break after 2 weeks! Then they wanted us to pay to ship it back to them to get it repaired again - the unit is very heavy and would have cost a fortune to ship. They were so unhelpful we contacted Sams club about getting a refund and they were great! Buyer beware is all I have to say! Once they have your $300 the maker's afterservice is appauling (even though they tell you to deal with them and not Sams club if you have any issues)!