KIDS LOVE MAKING BLTS WITH THESE
About This Item
- Mouthwatering and meatless, Morningstar Farms' plant-based Veggie Bacon Strips are a delicious, meat-free addition to any balanced diet
- With an inviting taste and irresistible texture, Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips cook up crisp and crunchy; Enjoy with breakfast scrambles, waffles, pancakes, biscuits, and more
- 100% vegetarian; Low saturated fat; 40 calories per serving; Cholesterol free (contains 4.5g total fat per serving; see nutrition information for sodium content)
- A quick, convenient meat-free breakfast side; To prepare, heat in the skillet (recommended) or microwave; Makes a tasty snack at work, afternoon pick-me-up, or late night treat
- Includes 1, 5.25-ounce box containing frozen Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips; Store in the freezer to enjoy anytime; Packaged for great taste
Ingredients: Water, soybean oil, modified corn starch, egg whites, soy flour, wheat gluten, hydrolyzed corn protein, contains 2% or less of vegetable glycerin, salt, soy protein isolate, sodium citrate, sodium phosphate, sugar, yeast, caramel color, natural and artificial flavors, monocalcium phosphate, sodium tripolyphosphate, malic acid, hydrolyzed soy protein, guar gum, lactic acid, hydrolyzed wheat protein, yeast extract, spice, locust bean gum, sodium sulfite (for freshness), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, carrageenan, red 3, nonfat milk, yellow 6, citric acid. Vitamins and minerals: Niacinamide, iron (ferrous sulfate), vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12.
Instructions: In the Skillet (recommended method)1) Preheat non-stick skillet over Medium heat.2) Place strips in skillet without overlapping.3) Heat strips over Low to Medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally or until crisp. In the Microwave*1) Place strips on microwave safe plate or bacon rack. Do not cover.2) Microwave on High setting until crisp.See microwave times listed: 2 Strips: 1 – 1.5 minutes 4 Strips: 1.5 - 2 minutes 6 Strips: 2 – 2.5 minutes 8 Strips: 2.5- 3 minutes*Cooking instructions developed using 1100 watt microwave. Microwave ovens vary. Times given are approximate.
Explore this item
44% less fat, 100% vegetarian
Kellogg Company US
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
0.75 x 7.50 x 5.88 Inches
Tasty veggie bacon
I decided to give this bacon a try, to reduce fats in my diet. I found it quite tasty and easy to prepare. I like it just a little on the crispy side. I don't miss all the grease regular bacon has. The flavor may not be as robust as regular bacon, but the flavor is still there without all the fat and chlesterol.
It's not breakfast in without it
This veggie bacon, along with several other items from Morning Star be Farms, is a constant in our freezer. We've been eating it for years. My kids eat it every morning for breakfast. It's great by ifself, made into a BLT, or even on top of one the original grillers for a vegetarian bacon burger. It really is delicious.
Great bacon alternative
As a longtime vegetarian, I have relied on these "bacon" strips to make recipes that I loved when I used to eat meat. Be sure to watch them carefully to keep them from burning, though, and follow the package instructions carefully. I especially love to use them crumbled up in quiche!
Taste like bacon without the animal cruelty
I've been a vegetarian for eleven years and have been eating morning star bacon for about that long as well. It taste like real bacon without the fat, grease and animal cruelty. It is delicious I eat it several times a week; even my meat eating friends and family like it and have purchased it on their own after trying it. Please don't ever stop making it, you have a lifelong customer.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question