Check out these related products
- $8.65 Was $9.18Save $0.53
- $12.22 Was $12.99Save $0.77
About this item
About this item
In 1931, seventeen-year-old Jackie Mitchell pitches against Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in an exhibition game, becoming the first professional female pitcher in baseball history.
For as long as she could remember, Jackie Mitchell's father had told Jackie she could be good at whatever she wanted, as long as she worked at it. Jackie worked at baseball. She worked hard. And before long Jackie could outplay anyone in her neighborhood -- even the boys.
She had one pitch -- a wicked, dropping curve ball. But no seventeen-year-old girl could pitch against Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. It was unthinkable. Then on April 2, 1931, the New York Yankees stopped in Tennessee for an exhibition game against the Chattanooga Lookouts. And on that day Jackie Mitchell made baseball history.
Marissa Moss tells a true story of determination and heroism, a gem of baseball history sure to inspire ballplayers of all ages. And C. F. Payne's vibrant, glorious illustrations make the golden age of baseball come alive.
|Number of Pages:||32|
|Subject:||WOMEN ATHLETES , BASEBALL PLAYERS_JUVENILE LITERATURE , RUTH, BABE, 1895-1948 , GEHRIG, LOU, 1903-1941|
|Author:||Moss, Marissa , Payne, C. F.|
|Target Audience:||Juvenile Audience|
|Translator:||Payne, C. F.|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Illustrator:||Payne, C. F.|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||9.25 x 11.75 x 0.25 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $4.54 List price $5.99Save $1.45
- $4.28 List price $4.99Save $0.71
- $4.77 List price $5.99Save $1.22
- $4.83 List price $5.99Save $1.16
- $4.67 Was $4.95Save $0.28
- $4.19 List price $5.99Save $1.80
- $16.79 List price $21.99Save $5.20
- $4.54 List price $4.99Save $0.45
- $8.19 List price $9.99Save $1.80
- $3.47 List price $4.99Save $1.52
- $10.72 List price $12.99Save $2.27
- $4.16 List price $5.99Save $1.83