For 16 month old Love that is all wood Love the natural wood color of box;no distractions Love primary colors for shapes Nice & smooth, although the edges could be made rounded. My baby has bruised himself by tripping & falling on it. Also, if the "lid" would not be removable it would be better in my humble opinion. My son just slides it off & tosses it aside. Although, he is still young at 16 months.
About This Item
Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube Classic Wooden Toy (Developmental Toy, Easy-to-Grip Shapes, Sturdy Wooden Construction, 12 Pieces):
- CREATIVE SORTING GAME FOR KIDS: The Melissa & Doug Shape-Sorting Cube Classic Wooden Toy is a beautifully constructed wooden toy with 12 bright-colored, easy-to-grip shapes.
- CLASSIC LEARNING ACTIVITY: This ever-popular shape and color activity is sure to engage children. Each shape is designed to fit through a matching hole on the wooden cube.
- STURDY WOODEN CONSTRUCTION: Melissa & Doug early development toys are made to last. This colorful toy for toddlers and preschoolers promotes color and shape recognition and problem-solving skills.
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 2 TO 4: This toy is an ideal gift for kids ages 2 to 4. Add the Melissa & Doug 100-Piece Wooden Block Set to round out the hands-on learning experience and give kids an engaging option for screen-free fun.
- "THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY": For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called "the gold standard in early childhood play."
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
Instructions: Extension Activities: Ask the child to build a tower with the blocks. Help the child become familiar with the shapes and colors by identifying them as the child stacks the blocks. Encourage beginning counting skills by asking the child to count the blocks with you. Repeat the activity until the child is familiar with the numbers one through twelve. Once the child is familiar with the shapes and colors, ask the child to hand you a specific shape or color block. Triangle; Rectangle; Octagon; trapezoid; quatrefoil; hexagon; parallelogram; oval/ellipse; square; pentagon; star; rhombus/diamond. Remove all packaging before giving the toy to your child.
Melissa & Doug
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Melissa & Doug
2 - 4 Years
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
5.50 x 5.50 x 5.50 Inches
I would purchase again.
My one year old is a bit young for this but my four year old loves it!! Admittedly I love this too! Great quality and it's a little more advanced since the shape holes are on four sides of the box not just on the top.
Beautiful. Functional. Ultimate hand-me-down material.
Beautifully made American craftsmanship. Clearly built to last and pass down from child to child, generation to generation. This particular puzzle box is a great way to encourage abstract reasoning, and just plain fun. Highly recommended!
Our grandson had so much fun Christmas when he open this. He and daddy put them in the right spots and when they were done he would day again. Love that he is learning colors and shapes while playing.
I would definitely purchase this again
Great quality my son is pretty rough on things we definitely learn how to do it shakes with this he's 5 years old and he still plays with it from time to time great toy I wish they had more shapes and a larger one would have been great but overall...Great
Fun for any age
Real nice toy blocks. My grandson and I put the shapes in the proper spots in the box, then he likes to build towers with them. The reason for buying them was he had been given a set of these but it was missing 3 shapes.
I would strongly suggest this product young children.
I also purchased this product as a gift for my niece. Great way to teach shapes and classification skills as well as eye-hand coordination.
These one of the best toys I could have found for my son. He is leaning colors and shapes at the same time. Loving it.
Durable and fun
My 14 month old loves playing with this --- I got it after I realized she memorized the shape locations on a similar toy. The fact that you can only get one shape into each hole really ensures that she is learning. Plus, she can "operate" it by herself and it seems like it would survive a fall or two.
Our old shape cube has lost too many pieces over the years so we purchased this for our one year old granddaughter who loves to put things together. I love Melissa and Doug but feel this toy is a bit on the cheap side and more complicated than expected. There are a lot of shapes and some of them are similar. Hopefully she will grow into it.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question