Check out these related products
- $21.87 Was $26.83Save $4.96
- $19.47 Was $21.68Save $2.21
- $31.98 List price $35.00Save $3.02
- $38.57 List price $49.99Save $11.42
- $27.71 Was $38.48Save $10.77
- $41.37 List price $45.00Save $3.63
- $108.00 Was $144.00Save $36.00
- Reduced Price$95.04
- $14.90 Was $15.87Save $0.97
- $17.09 Was $19.04Save $1.95
- $16.29 Was $21.32Save $5.03
Consider these popular products
- Rollback$9.00 Was $11.53Save $2.53
- Rollback$9.00 Was $11.50Save $2.50
- $10.84 List price $12.47Save $1.63
- $4.66 List price $4.99Save $0.33
- $12.59 Was $14.25Save $1.66
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
This refreshing new look at Medieval art conveys a very real sense of the impact of art on everyday life in Europe from 1000 to 1500. It examines the importance of art in the expression and spread of knowledge and ideas, including notions of the heroism and justice of war, and the dominant view of Christianity.
Taking its starting point from issues of contemporary relevance, such as the environment, the identity of the artist, and the position of women, the book also highlights the attitudes and events specific to the sophisticated visual culture of the Middle Ages, and goes on to link this period to the Renaissance. The fascinating question of whether commercial and social activities between countries encouraged similar artistic taste and patronage, or contributed to the defining of cultural difference in Europe, is fully explored.
|Number of Pages:||228|
|Subject:||ART, MEDIEVAL , ART AND SOCIETY|
|Series Title:||Oxford History of Art|
|Publisher:||Oxford Univ Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.25 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.