I opted for the electric since I don't have the time to baby sit a charcoal or gas smoker. I filled this up with a pork butt, 3 racks of ribs and some sausage and set the temp and timer. Came back in five hours when the remote told me it was done and , WOW, best ribs ever. Would recommend to friends and family!
Masterbuilt 30" Digital Smoker Red with Bonus Carving Gloves
About This Item
Masterbuilt 30" Digital Smoker Red with Bonus Carving Gloves:
- 4 chrome-coated smoking racks and smokes up to 80 lbs of food
- Integrated thermostat temperature control for even, consistent smoking temperatures
- Watch food cook with viewing window and internal light
- Built-in meat probe thermometer for perfect results every time
- Patented side wood chip loading system to add chips without opening the smoker door
- Front blue LED digital control panel design allows for more prepping space on top of the smoker
- High-output LED lights illuminate food in low light when door is open
- RF remote controls on/off, temperature, time, light and monitors internal meat temperature
- Removable water pan, drip pan, wood chip tray and front access grease pan for easy cleanup
- Drip deflector diverts drippings away from the wood chip tray and moves grease into a centralized location away from the heat source for easier cleanup
- Top air damper for smoke control
- Rear-mounted handle and wheels for easy mobility
- Legs add 10" of height for easy access
- Also included are smoker cover, carving gloves and 25-recipe cook booklet of smoking dishes
- Dimensions: 22.84" L x 22.91" W x 40.75" H
- Weight: 60.44 lbs
- 800-watt electric heating element
- 721 sq in of cooking space
Explore this item
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
22.84 x 22.91 x 40.75 Inches
Great 30" electric smoker!
A nice change from charcoal smoker
Since I just got the smoker, this review is based on short term ownership and two uses. So far I am very pleased with this smoker. You can basically set it and forget it. I used to smoke on my Kettle grill which required constant monitoring for temperature control. With this smoker I just set the the temperature and time and I'm good to go. The woodchips supply needs to be maintained for long smoking periods but that is no big deal. The remote control is very handy, since I don't have to monitor the heat of a charcoal fire I have time to prep other food items or just hang out and relax, the remote allows me to change time and temp from inside the house and the built in meat probe allows me to know what stage the meat is at. The side loading wood hopper is nice in the sense that wood can be added without heat loss. The glass door is a plus because you can see the smoke density within the unit . This will give you an idea as to how much smoke exposure you food is getting and you can adjust the vent accordingly . Being able to see the smoke density within will also be an indicator as to wether the wood supply is running low . So far I have produced some excellent ,fall off the bone, ribs.
Masterbuilt 30" Digital Smoker ...
Walmart online had the best price on this unit. Make sure to check prices for each color as some were less than others. I had it shipped to the store. It arrived on the date promised and they loaded it onto my truck. Assembly was straightforward and took 20-30 minutes. I followed the instructions for the first break-in smoke. The remote that comes with the unit makes it very easy. You program the temperature and time and it starts right up. You can monitor the remaining time and temp from inside the house with the remote. I had cut and prepared 19 pounds of antelope for jerky for my first smoke. To make sure there was room for smoke to circulate around all pieces I needed to smoke the meat in four separate batches. It took about 4.5 hours for each batch. It turned out great! I really like that you don't have to open the door to add wood chips. Also, I found that it held the correct temperature very well. There is plenty of room inside, enough to fit a whole turkey. I look forward to giving that a try.
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is great
I bought this smoker 3 weeks ago and have used it 3 times. It worked great for smoking and very easy to use. I especially like the remote control so you sit inside and know what is going on.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.