Customers also considered
Check out these related products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Mario Kart 7 delivers frenetic racing fun by air, land and sea. Longtime fans of the franchise will encounter new features and customization options, while newcomers will love racing with their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters against opponents near and far. Using a broadband Internet connection or local wireless built into the Nintendo 3DS, players can race against their own friends or even against opponents worldwide. The new Community feature allows players to create groups with other Mario Kart fans while setting up specific rules to make customized racing environments.
- The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over the track shortcut. When underwater, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
- Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tires help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires accelerate quickly on paved courses.
- People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii character.
- New courses take players on wild rides over mountains, on city streets and through a dusty desert. Nintendo fans will recognize new courses on Wuhu Island and in the jungles from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features. Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Comic Mischief
|Video Game Collection:||Super Mario|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|Age Range:||12 Years & Up|
|Genre:||Sports & Racing|
|Required Peripherals:||Secondary Analog Stick|
|Video Game Genre:||Racing / driving - kart|
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Video Game Platform:||Nintendo 3DS|
|Compatible Devices:||Game console|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||CTRPAMKE|
|Container Type:||PACKAGE NOT AVAILABLE|
|Features:||drivers explore new competitive kart possibilities , The newest installment of the fan-favorite Mario Kart franchise brings Mushroom Kingdom racing fun into glorious 3D. For the first time , strategic new abilities and customizable karts bring the racing excitement to new heights. , such as soaring through the skies or plunging into the depths of the sea. New courses|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.92 x 0.52 x 5.39 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Nope Just The 3ds & The 2dsby Mario8610/5/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- No, Mario Kart 7 is only playable on Nintendo 3ds, Nintendo 3ds xl and Nintendo 2ds.by chip00048/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it does not. 3DS and 3DS XL onlyby cesardka8/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- noby chip000410/5/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No 3ds games only play on Nintendo 3dsby jediandypadawan8/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no it doesn't.by vc11441/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No it doesn't.by wifigirlnothappy8/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Sadly, no.by ThePerfectNarutoRater8/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Hello HayesT, to answer your question the answer is YES. It does not play in 3D mode due to the fact that the DSI-DSIXL is not a 3d game console. To add the game itself Mario Kart 7 3ds is a fun game I love playing it!by MzAlabama8/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (6)Was this answer helpful?
- When purchasing games in our stores, be certain to check the packaging carefully. Games with "Nintendo 3DS" displayed on the right hand side of the game box will only play on Nintendo 3DS systems. On the other hand however, any Nintendo DS game that doesn't require a Gameboy Advance cartridge slot for accessories is able to be played on the Nintendo 3DS. If you already own your DSi XL and do not plan to purchase a 3DS, I do recommend Mario Kart DS. It can be played on all DS systems and does have online multiplayer. For more information: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mario-Kart-DS-Nintendo-DS/4025977 I hope this answers your question. Happy Holidays!by JoshJDubU11/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Can my children compete with each other online, or do I need to buy this game for each 3ds?
- Yes if you're playing online over the internet.If they're playing local multiplayer,you really only need one.by TotalGamer10/5/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you have one Mario Kart 7, you can host a race and play with other people who does not have it. "If all your racing buddies have a Nintendo 3DS system, only one of you needs a copy of Mario Kart 7 to enjoy Download Play. All of the exciting VS. game modes are available—the only difference is that whoever doesn't have the game can only play as Shy Guy, and won't be able to customize their kart. All the more reason for each of your friends to get their own copy of the game!"by cesardka12/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you have more than one 3DS system then you only need to buy the one game.by Natnat801/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- They can play each other, but each child needs a purchased copy of the 3DS game.by Tuvock719/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- this game is compatible with the nintendo 3ds game system onlyby HyperMan9/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (7)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can play online but each 3ds needs it own game.by vc11449/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- Each 3ds has to have its own copy to compete against eachother.by HappiestGirlEV9/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Your children can compete with each other wirelessly with a single cartridge by using the Download Play feature on the main menu. However the available characters, karts, and tracks available may be limited and they may not be able to access all multiplayer modes. More specific information can be found in the game's manual. I recommend that you purchase a card for each child to maximize the experience. I hope this helps you and that you have Happy Holidays!by JoshJDubU8/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The game has download play which means that they can each download the game while one 3DS has the cartridge in it. However, the ones without the cartridge will only be able to play Shy-Guy while the one with the cartridge will be able to play whom they want.by DerekRumpler8/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (12) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it is ONLY for the 3DS. There is a little notch on it that will not let it fit the DS/DSi.by Natnat8012/20/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No you can'tby vc11441/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, there's a little tab on the end of the game that prevents you from putting it in anything else.by PokemonNerd12/11/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, 3ds titles can not be played on any ds systems including dsi dsxl. But you can play all ds games on 3ds systems. GOd blessby Dingo32112/7/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- This is a common question for the majority of DS owners so let me fully clarify. Anytime you see a title which is only available for the 3DS it can only be played on the 3DS. The 3DS is different, and updated, hardware thus the games cannot run on older hardware, though older titles play just fine on the 3DS. The reason the DS, DSi and DSiXL are all compatible is that they are all same the hardware with some upgraded features (camera's on the DSi, increased handheld and screen size on the XL). Sometimes developers will produce multiple versions of a game, one for the 3DS and one for all the earlier DS models, but in the case of Mario Kart that is saddly not the case because of the big push for the 3D enhancements to try and increase the sales on the 3DS.by NJVoigt8/2/2015Was this answer helpful? (20) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- No,it will only be available for the 3DS.by TotalGamer12/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (5) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it is just for Nintendo 3DS.by JukeboxGurl12/2/2011Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?