Used this to install laminate flooring on about 800 sq feet in basement. This underlayment is very easy easy to work with and cut, and the floor feels very comfortable on your feet, kind of has a soft cushony feel. This offers some insulation from the cold basement floor as well. I would absolutely recommend this product, and the price was better than what was available in big box stores.
About This Item
- Environmentally friendly, utilizing 94% recycled fibers, green choice versus all the petroleum-based underlayment on the market
- Superior acoustical test scores that generally meet or exceed the requirements for sound barriers between floors in multiple housing construction set forth by most municipality or condominium association building codes
- Synthetic fiber pads are fast becoming the most specified underlayment for floating wood and laminate floors by architects and designers because of their acoustical and moisture protection qualities
- Designed to draw sound in and help deaden it, not deflect, helping make laminate floors sound more like real wood
- Impact Insulation Class (IIC) rating of 71 and a Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating of 66
- Offers great moisture protection
- Can be installed over wood or concrete sub floors
- Roll measures 60 ft. x 6 ft. x 1/8 in.
Noise Reduction, Moisture Protection, Clean Indoor Air Quality
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
720.00 x 72.00 x 0.12 Inches
Customer reviews & ratings
Great underlayment, would use again
Was lucky to buy on clearance/rollback. Great value. Am very happy with the performance and installation process. I use for rental property and checked off all boxes.
Great product and Great company
Excellent product! Makes walking on our luxury vinyl plank flooring much quieter. Installation was easy. I called the company that makes Quietwalk with a question and they couldn't be nicer. They answered my question quickly. In fact, two company representatives called me back to make sure my question was answered.
Item was shipped right away !... Cheaper than Big Box Stores ! .. VERY PLEASED !
It's very heavy, so you may need two people to carry it.
New to home upgrades and this underlayment works!
I'm getting ready to upgrade my floors and I think I found the right solution with this underlayment. So far it's looking great and seems sturdy while also thin. I've cut out a test piece and it's held up very well so far. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Love how it works, easy to put down .no floor noises. I'm getting what I paid for. Thanks
I purchased as acoustic barrier for an exterior wall and it was a complete waste as traffic could still be heard. This was my mistake as the manufacturer never said to use for that purpose. I gave 4 stars because it does absorb noise inside.
Not what expected
The insulation frays/tears easily. Expected fibers to be tighter woven but my new floor does seem to be quiet with this product.
Not sure if mine was defective or bad quality
I have used QuietWalk underlayment before which was excellent (bought from other store). But this one was of different quality and is not performing well. It is definitely not 0.12 inch thick as mentioned in the Product info, and compared to my older underlayment it is thinner (attached a pic). The branding/title and type of underlayment is exactly the same on both products. Very unhappy with the performance too, since the older one has blocked most of the floor squeaking but this one has not :(
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question