About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
MLB 09 The Show continues its hall of fame run, providing fans with ultra realistic gameplay while continuing to raise the bar on unique offerings and subtleties not found anywhere else. With improved franchise and online modes, transitional lighting effects, and customizable fan chants and yells, the series promises to deliver yet another incredible baseball gaming experience to fans everywhere. MLB 09's "Road to the Show" returns, providing aspiring big leaguers the opportunity to immerse themselves in the ultimate baseball experience. Further putting fans in the game, players can engage in action from a custom-created player's perspective. Also returning is "Franchise Mode," complete with the long anticipated 40-man roster. In franchise, fans are in full control and given the responsibility of thinking and acting like an owner, while dealing with issues such as salary arbitration, waiver transactions, and September call-ups along the way.
- Road to the Show 3.0 Once again MLB 09 The Show is the only game where fans can play offense and defense from a custom-created players perspective. This year, Road to the Show includes interactive training, a new steal/ lead-off system, updated presentations, and coach interactions.
- Franchise Mode 2.0 Adding to one of the deepest franchise modes available in any sports title, MLB 09 The show adds the long awaited 40-man roster. Franchise Mode improvements will offer Salary Arbitration, Waiver Transactions, and September call-ups.
- Online Season Leagues Online Season Leagues are now available, allowing players to hold fully functional drafts and utilize Flex Schedules, providing fans the opportunity to play games ahead in the schedule.
- Training/Practice Drills Players have the ability to choose from a number of different Training/Practice drills, providing players the chance to polish and improve existing skill sets.
- Details & Subtleties As the leading MLB simulator, MLB 09 The Show takes pride in the details, with realistic stadiums and signage, wear and tear on field, dusk to night lighting transitions, and stadium Jumbotron animations. The crowd atmosphere is even more dynamic, where crowd rivalries and weather appropriate clothing are updated and fans will reach up for foul balls and home runs.
- Additional Animations MLB 09 The Show has boosted the number of overall animations with more than 700 new gameplay animations, more than 400 new presentation animations, and more than 150 personalized pitcher and batter animations.
- Custom Music, Fan Yells and Chants Using the My MLB Music feature, players can store their favorite music for play on MLB 09 The Show. Edit tracks to assign batter walk-up music or record your own voice and assign it to play for the player and situation of your choice.
- Replays to Hard Drive via Replay Vault Store highlight reel replays to your PS3 hard drive as a movie file, and enjoy the ability to playback clips at your leisure. Additionally, players can access an end of game replay to see the most exciting and important plays of the game.
- Mascots This year every team mascot is available, performing signature moves during each game to pump up the crowd and rally the team.
- Roster Vault (upload/download/rate) (Franchise) Players can create the ideal roster offline by adjusting player attributes, appearance, accessories, etc. and save them to a Memory Card, Memory Stick, or PS3 Hard Drive. Once online, players can upload them to allow others users to download, use, and rate the roster.
- Updated Fielding Control Fielders will now have more dynamic reactions and take different routes to run down hit balls. New hotshot plays are included, and depending on a players attribute level, they can misplay balls and drop a ball too hot to handle. Additionally, players can experience more realistic barehanded flips and the ability to dive with the ball in the fielders bare hand for the putout.
- Legend Mode A fifth level of difficulty is now available for players seeking the ultimate challenge.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Video Game Platform:||PlayStation 3|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||886162328684|
|Genre:||Sports & Racing|
|Publisher:||Sony Computer Entertainment of America , Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios|
|Required Peripherals:||Controller (Rumble)|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.88 x 0.62 x 5.38 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.