Customers also viewed these products
- Reduced Price$7.30 List price $29.99Save $22.69
MLB 08 The Show PSP
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$4.00 List price $9.00Save $5.00
- Reduced Price$5.90 List price $7.25Save $1.35
- Reduced Price$6.04 List price $59.96Save $53.92
- Reduced Price$7.00 List price $9.00Save $2.00
- Reduced Price$4.90 List price $19.99Save $15.09
- Reduced Price$14.00 List price $19.99Save $5.99
- Reduced Price$14.00 List price $19.00Save $5.00
- Reduced Price$16.95 List price $22.99Save $6.04
About this item
About this item
MLB 08 The Show looks to build on its critical acclaim as the longest-running officially licensed baseball title on PlayStation platforms. MLB 08 The Show introduces a more immersive Road to The Show mode. As gamers attempt to make a starting line-up in the Big Leagues, playing on both offense and defense from a custom-created player's perspective, a more robust dynamic goal system and a new career advancement system will determine when a player is eligible for a promotion. Additionally, the custom-created players are more interactive, with pitchers now experiencing mound visits, catchers enduring more defense situations, and with gamers being able to further adjust a player's positioning all making Road to The Show mode even more realistic. MLB 08 The Show introduces SportsConnect Online User Tracking which allows gamers to store their game preferences on the MLB server, and then enables the system to look for a Quick Match with opponents that fit similar competitive criteria.
- Road to The Show 2.0 To deliver the closest experience possible, next to actually trying to make it in the Majors, MLB 08 The Show introduces a more immersive Road to The Show mode. As gamers attempt to make a starting line-up in the Big Leagues, playing on both offense and defense from a custom-created players perspective, a more robust dynamic goal system and a new career advancement system will determine when a player is eligible for a promotion. Now, advancement goals related to the player's attribute target level will be provided to get the player to that next level and those goals are based on the player's attribute level and statistical performance. Also, Road to The Show 2.0 adds a new statistics screen that will display a players current seasons statistics. Additionally, custom-created players are more interactive. As a position player, gamers will be able to further adjust that players positioning, catchers will occur more defense situations, and pitcher's will now experience mound visits with user interaction all making Road to The Show mode even more realistic.
- Progressive Batting Performance Progressive Batting Performance is a feature designed to both reward players for superior performance and penalizes them for hitting slumps. Specific to each individual batter, the players will be rewarded with slight contact bonuses for each batter that performs beyond his natural ability while under user control. Conversely, the user will be punished with slight decreases in contact for each batter that performs below his natural ability.
- Post Game/In Game Pitcher and Batter Analysis Stats and match-up analysis are a baseball fans dream! The Pitch Analysis is a breakdown of all the pitches thrown during the current game being played. Gamers will be able sort by pitcher, LHB or RHB, Pitch type and result. This feature is also available for Batters, and the batter analysis allows for a breakdown of how a batter has performed based on LHP or RHP, Pitch Type and the result.
- New SCOUT [SportsConnect Online User Tracking] If youve ever had a difficult time finding an opponent that wants to play online with the same gameplay setting as you, this is your feature. SCOUT allows gamers to set their game preferences, stores them on the server, and then allows the system to look for a Quick Match with an opponent that fits their criteria.
- Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will have the ability to trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off. (The catchers recommendations are based off of thousands of actual MLB stats.)
- Historical Greats For true nostalgic fans of Americas Pastime, MLB 08 The Show offers the all-new Historical Greats, giving them the opportunity to go against the legends of the past.
- Online Mode Gamers can compete against friends or other baseball fans in head-to-head play via wireless multiplayer connectivity.
- Ad Hoc Mode Allows two or more PSP systems to communicate directly with each other via Wi-Fi connectivity for regional/local multiplayer gameplay.
- Infrastructure Mode Allows gamers to link to a network via a wireless local area network (WLAN) access point or hot spot for multiplayer gameplay across the nation.
- MLB Authenticity MLB 08 The Show presents fans with finer details and nuances that make the game Americas pastime. Gamers can drag bunts along with wild pitches, broken bats, check swings and more.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|Compatible Devices:||Game console|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||98696|
|Genre:||Sports & Racing|
|Publisher:||Sony Computer Entertainment of America , Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios|
Ask a question