Consider these popular products
- Rollback$11.88 Was $16.88Save $5.00
- Rollback$6.88 Was $10.45Save $3.57
- Rollback$11.49 Was $26.57Save $15.08
MLB 08: The Show (PS3) - Pre-Owned
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
MLB '08: The Show comes out swinging for the fences to deliver an unrivaled simulation with broadcast quality presentation. To provide the closest experience possible, next to actually trying to make it in the Majors, MLB '08: The Show introduces a more immersive Road to The Show mode. the MLB franchise introduces the new Progressive Batting Performance feature, which will both reward players for superior performance and penalize them for hitting slumps. Specific to each individual batter, players will be rewarded or punished, based on how that batter that performs beyond his "natural ability" while under user control. MLB '08: The Show introduces SCOUT (SportsConnect Online User Tracking), which allows gamers to set and store their game preferences on the MLB server, and then enables the system to look for a Quick Match with opponents that fit similar competitive criteria.
- Road to The Show 2.0 To deliver the closest experience possible, next to actually trying to make it in the Majors, MLB 08 The Show introduces a more immersive Road to The Show mode. As gamers attempt to make a starting line-up in the Big Leagues, playing on both offense and defense from a custom-created players perspective, a more robust dynamic goal system and a new career advancement system will determine when a player is eligible for a promotion. Now, advancement goals related to the player's attribute target level will be provided to get the player to that next level and those goals are based on the player's attribute level and statistical performance. Also, Road to The Show 2.0 adds a new statistics screen that will display a players current seasons statistics.
- Progressive Batting Performance Progressive Batting Performance is a feature designed to both reward players for superior performance and penalizes them for hitting slumps. Specific to each individual batter, the players will be rewarded with slight contact bonuses for each batter that performs beyond his natural ability while under user control. Conversely, the user will be punished with slight decreases in contact for each batter that performs below his natural ability.
- Replay Vault With the new Replay Vault, gamers can now go back to that spectacular diving, behind the back double play from the first inning and show their friends. Replays are available from any part of the game from any inning within that game.
- Post Game/In Game Pitcher and Batter Analysis Stats and match-up analysis are a baseball fans dream! The Pitch Analysis is a breakdown of all the pitches thrown during the current game being played. Gamers will be able sort by pitcher, LHB or RHB, Pitch type and result. This feature is also available for Batters, and the batter analysis allows for a breakdown of how a batter has performed based on LHP or RHP, Pitch Type and the result.
- Pitch Grips Adding ore authenticity, MLB 08 The Show details the different pitch grips and arm angles that a pitcher has when throwing each pitch. Showing these details in Replay Mode will further enhance the look of the game. 18 different pitch types total! (Four-Seam Fastball, Two-Seam Fastball, Cut Fastball, Split-Fingered Fastball, Curveball, Slider, Sinker, Slurve, Change-Up, Circle Change, Knuckleball, Palmball, Forkball, Knuckle-Curve, Screwball, 10-4 Curve, 12-6 Curve & Gyro).
- SCOUT [SportsConnect Online User Tracking] If youve ever had a difficult time finding an opponent that wants to play online with the same gameplay setting as you, this is your feature. SCOUT allows gamers to set their game preferences, stores them on the server, and then allows the system to look for a Quick Match with an opponent that fits their criteria.
- Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will have the ability to trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off. (The catchers recommendations are based off of thousands of actual MLB stats.)
- Pitch Command System (PCS) Delivering unsurpassed authenticity and strategy to pitch selection, a pitchers pitch comfort will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. Its up the gamer to decide if they should try to work on a pitch or just go with whats working. The more a player works on a pitch, the better it becomes, and the more a gamer neglects a pitch, the harder it becomes to work the zone.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Video Game Platform:||PlayStation 3|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||886162328660|
|Genre:||Sports & Racing|
|Publisher:||Sony Computer Entertainment of America , Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios|
|Required Peripherals:||Controller (Rumble)|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.88 x 0.62 x 5.38 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.