Lucking Out: My Life Getting Down and Semi-Dirty in the Seventies New York
Check out these related products
- $12.56 Was $14.08Save $1.52
- $10.34 List price $16.95Save $6.61
- $12.61 Was $13.28Save $0.67
- $9.63 Was $12.60Save $2.97
- $12.37 List price $16.00Save $3.63
- $11.56 List price $16.00Save $4.44
- $13.64 Was $14.51Save $0.87
- $12.43 Was $13.61Save $1.18
- $12.55 Was $13.46Save $0.91
- $11.05 Was $13.07Save $2.02
- $15.30 List price $23.00Save $7.70
- $10.73 List price $15.00Save $4.27
- $11.90 Was $12.55Save $0.65
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Random House Inc, 2012, ISBN13 9780767930628, ISBN10 0767930622
From one of our most admired (and feared) cultural critics, a memoir that captures all the gritty, grubby glamour of New York in the awful/wonderful Seventies.
In the autumn of 1972, a very young and green James Wolcott arrived in New York from Maryland, full of literary dreams, equipped with a letter of introduction from Norman Mailer, and having no idea what was about to hit him. Landing at a time of accelerating municipal squalor and, paradoxically, gathering cultural energy in all spheres as "Downtown" became a category of art and life unto itself, he embarked upon his sentimental education, seventies New York style. This portrait of a critic as a young man is also a rollicking, acutely observant portrait of a legendary time and place. Mixing grit and glitter in just the right proportions, suffused with affection for the talented and sometimes half-crazed denizens of the scene, it will make readers long for a time when you really could get mugged around here.
|Number of Pages:||258|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||October, 2012|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $9.86 Was $10.69Save $0.83
- $11.50 List price $19.00Save $7.50
- $11.18 List price $17.00Save $5.82