Similar items in stock
- $25.19 Was $34.84Save $9.65
- $20.14 Was $29.98Save $9.84
- Rollback$55.97 Was $79.00Save $23.03
Customers also bought these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Introducing what could be the ultimate LeapFrog Leapster learning game system, the LeapsterGS Explorer puts kids in charge of the action with new motion-based play, a built-in camera, kid-friendly controls and more. A library of more than 300 apps and action-packed educational games teach skills like math, science, social studies and reading. This interactive tablet even allows you to upload your own study lists in select games. Take control with personalized learning when you bring home the LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer.
LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer:
- Handheld learning tablet for on-the-go educational gaming
- 2GB of onboard memory
- Comes with 3 kid-friendly apps:
- Pet Pad
- Escape of the Sillies (LeapsterGS-exclusive)
- One app of your choice
- All-new motion sensor for LeapFrog Leapster Explorer gameplay
- Navigate the LeapsterGS Explorer interface using D-pad controls, touch guidance or the included stylus
- Built-in camera/video recorder
- Works with LeapsterGS Explorer cartridges and apps (sold separately)
- Learning games nurture over 2,500 skills with select games that auto-level
- Enter math sets and spelling lists from school with select games
- Parents can see and share their child's learning progress through the online LeapFrog Learning Path
- Requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Includes Quick Start CD, parent guide and USB cable
- Ideal for children 4-9 years old
|Display Technology:||LCD display|
|Age Range:||8 to 11 Years , 3 to 4 Years , 5 to 7 Years|
|Battery Life:||10 hour(s)|
|Educational Focus:||Electronic Learning , Social Skills , Math, Counting & Time , Science & Technology|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||39800|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||13.00 x 9.50 x 2.38 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- You can visit Leap Frog's web site or Walmart stores for the games.by 42mommy9/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The cartridge games will say on the box if they are for the GS or LeapPad or both. So you have to be cautious when looking at the boxes. Online, on the Leapster site, when you connect your Leapster to the internet, it will take you to the "store" and you can download apps from there also. It will bring up the apps for the system that you have plugged into the computer at the time!by TMommyof66/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- LeapFrog Explorer cartridges, apps, videos and music work with Leapster Explorer and LeapsterGS, but some LeapFrog Explorer cartridges and apps are designed specifically for LeapPad tablets and are not compatible with LeapsterGS and Leapster Explorer handhelds. Thanks!by LeapFrog5/3/2013Written by a verified representative from LeapFrogWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Is the leap frog leapster gs explorer more advanced than the leap frog leap pad 2 explorer? Which one would be better for my 2-1/2 year old?
- I would go with the explorer. It would be easier for her little hands to hold. The pad is larger than the explorer and both items use the cartridges and you can download from Leap Frog's web site.by 42mommy9/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There really is no difference in the Leap Pad and the Leapster GS, they are the same games, just the difference of the hand held or the pad type. It is just a preference of which you think your daughter is going to utilize more. If she likes her sisters DS, then the GS handheld would be better because then she could be like sister! You also when you set up either system input their age and level, and the more they play the more the games change and adapt to them.by TMommyof610/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hello! Both devices have similar features however the LeapPad2 sports a front facing camera and more memory. The smaller display on the LeapsterGS may be more durable for your young one.by LeapFrog3/28/2013Written by a verified representative from LeapFrogWas this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does have a Built in camera and video recorder.by GoodNews12412/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does and she loves itby 42mommy12/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes! The LeapsterGS has a camera included.by LeapFrog8/26/2013Written by a verified representative from LeapFrogWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers in store also bought these products
- $17.50 Was $19.88Save $2.38