Kaopectate Regular Strength Vanilla Liquid 8 oz
About this item
About this item
- Goes to the source to help relieve diarrhea.
- 262 mg bismuth subsalicylate per 15 ml.
Inactive Ingredients: Caramel, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, flavor, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucrose, water, xanthan gum.
Ingredients: Active: Bismuth Subsalicylate 262 Mg (Anti-Diarrheal Upset Stomach Reliever). Inactive: Caramel, Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium, Flavor, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Salicylate, Sorbic Acid, Sucrose, Water, Xanthan Gum.
Active Ingredients: Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Dosage: Directions. shake well immediately before each use. adults and children 12 years of age and older: 30 mL or 2 tablespoonfuls. for accurate dosing, use convenient pre-measured dose cup. repeat dose every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as needed. do not exceed 8 doses in 24 hours. use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days. children under 12 years: ask a doctor. drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration cause by diarrhea
Instructions: WARNINGS. REYE'S SYNDROME: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness. ALLERGY ALERT: CONTAINS SALICYLATE. DO NOT TAKE IF YOU ARE. allergic to salicylates (including aspirin). taking other salicylate products. DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE. a bleeding problem. an ulcer. bloody or black stool. ASK A DOCTOR BEFORE USE IF YOU HAVE. a sodium-restricted diet. mucus in the stool. fever. ASK A DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE USE IF YOU ARE taking any drug for. diabetes. gout. arthritis. anticoagulation (thinning the blood). WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur. STOP USE AND ASK A DOCTOR IF. symptoms get worse. ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs. diarrhea lasts more than 2 days. IF PREGNANT OR BREAST-FEEDING, ask a health professional before use. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. OTHER INFORMATION. DO NOT USE IF INNER SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Explore this item
Active Ingredient Purpose
- Reye's syndrome: Children And teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea And vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- Allergy alert:Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are: allergic to salicylates (including aspirin). Taking other salicylate products.
- Do not use If you have: an ulcer, a bleeding problem, bloody or black stool.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have Fever, mucus in the stool.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use ifYou are taking any drug for: diabetes, gout, arthritis, anticoagulation (thinning the blood).
- When using this productA temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool And/or tongue may occur.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if Symptoms get worse, ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs, diarrhea lasts more than 2 days.
- Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.