On time arrival, a good product, but strong. Like most cleaning or processing chemicals, its effective but strong. Read the precautions and how to proceed. You can't rely totally on it to remove all tarnish, or you might melt your item. Watch it carefully, swish the product over your item. Since most tarnish happens unevenly, stop before all of the tarnish is removed or you might find your item crumbling away. A drop of antibacterial dish detergent on the item in your palm and gentle rubbing will likely take the last traces away. Taking your time, rinse in cool water as much as needed. Voila, your done.
About This Item
Tarn-X is the original "wipe & rinse" tarnish remover specifically formulated for sterling silver, silver plates, platinum, copper, gold and diamonds. With no rubbing and scrubbing, Tarn-X Lets you enjoy the beauty of your precious metals all year and is safe to use on your finest metals. Always spot test in an inconspicuous area first. Do Not Use on stainless steel, chrome, pewter, aluminum, brass, zinc, marble, artificially oxidized silver, knife blades, lacquered surfaces, pearls, opals or any porous stones. For industrial uses, Tarn X can be purchased in 1 gallon, 5 gallon and 55 gallon containers.
- Eliminates tarnish from metals and diamonds without scrubbing.
- Wipe-and-rinse formula quickly and safely cleans without damage
- Should not be used on poorly plated silver, silver that is scratched, or any items that are not in good condition.
- Remove tarnish from silver, silver plate, platinum, copper, gold, and diamonds
- Apply on valuables using a cotton ball or soft cloth, wipe, and rinse immediately with cold water to return metals and diamonds to their original shine
- Smaller items, such as sterling silver jewelry, can be dipped in the solution for cleaning
- Manufactured by the makers of CLR, a trusted brand in cleaning
- Polish silver platters, silver coffee and tea service sets, silver plated silverware, silver serving pieces and decorative silver pieces
- Perfect for silver on display or in storage
- Getting your silver serving pieces clean in a fraction of the time - just wipe and rinse
- Polishing and cleaning your best silver for the holidays
- WOMEN OWNED - Certified WBENC, Women's Business Enterpriser
- Visit CLRbrands.com for cleaning tips and uses of CLR Cleaning Solutions
WARNING: Cancer - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Ingredients: Contains Thiourea, Sulfamic Acid and Detergent.
Instructions: . Directions:. 1. Wear Household Gloves. 2. Clean object first by washing in warm soapy water and drying thoroughly. 3. Dip cotton ball or soft cloth in Tarn-XÂ® and wipe on tarnished areas. Rinse Thoroughly Under Cold Water and Wipe Dry. For large items apply Tarn-XÂ® to about 1/3 of article at a time, then rinse thoroughly. Do Not Soak Any Object in Tarn-XÂ® for Over 2 Minutes. 4. For heavily tarnished pieces, repeat above process until all tarnish is dissolved. Always use full strength. This solution is Non-Flammable. Fully guaranteed no to harm recommended metals when used as directed. See website for additional information
Packaging requirements for returns
|Price Per Unit UOM|
|Number of Customer Ratings|
|PPU Quantity of Units|
12 Fluid Ounce
|Count Per Pack|
Tarn-X Household Tarnish Remover for Silver, Platinum, Gold & More, 12 fl oz
12 Fl Oz
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Global Product Type|
12 FL. OZ. (360 ml)
12 fl oz (360 ml)
|Product Net Content UOM|
|Household Cleaner Type|
|Units Per Consumer Unit|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
3.50 x 1.50 x 7.00 Inches
An effective product. Proceed with caution
This is wonderful for removing tarnish, but be sure not to let items soak in it. It can remove too much coating. Just place object in tarn-x, swirl a few seconds, remove the item and rinse with warm water.
My silver was like brand new in as little as a couple minutes, very impressed
are you this on my silver and gold it works extremely well
Just dip and rinse
Works fast. Rinses clean. Leaves no white residue like paste type cleaners.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question