Check out these related products
- $142.46 List price $170.00Save $27.54
- $242.11 List price $272.65Save $30.54
- $194.00 List price $264.15Save $70.15
- $166.82 List price $187.50Save $20.68
- $219.38 List price $267.00Save $47.62
- $163.30 List price $190.50Save $27.20
- $81.68 List price $98.00Save $16.32
- $241.36 List price $287.50Save $46.14
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
An introductory text and reference on mining engineering highlighting the latest in mining technology
Introductory Mining Engineering outlines the role of the mining engineer throughout the life of a mine, including prospecting for the deposit, determining the site's value, developing the mine, extracting the mineral values, and reclaiming the land afterward. This Second Edition is written with a focus on sustainability-managing land to meet the economic and environmental needs of the present while enhancing its ability to also meet the needs of future generations. Coverage includes aboveground and underground methods of mining for a wide range of substances, including metals, nonmetals, and fuels.
Completely up to date, this book presents the latest information on such technologies as remote sensing, GPS, geophysical surveying, and mineral deposit evaluation, as well as continuous integrated mining operations and autonomous trucks. Also included is new information on landscape restoration, regional planning, wetlands protection, subsidence mitigation, and much more.
New chapters include coverage of:
* Environmental responsibilities
* Health and safety issues
Generously supplemented with more than 200 photographs, drawings, and tables, Introductory Mining Engineering, Second Edition is an indispensable book for mining engineering students and a comprehensive reference for professionals.
|Number of Pages:||570|
|Author:||Hartman, Howard L. , Mutmansky, Jan M.|
|Publisher:||John Wiley & Sons Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.75 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $15.35 List price $24.95Save $9.60
- $37.91 List price $46.67Save $8.76
- $16.96 Was $18.11Save $1.15
- $122.72 List price $134.00Save $11.28
- $23.86 List price $32.95Save $9.09
- $24.16 List price $34.95Save $10.79
- $8.26 Was $9.95Save $1.69
- $3.52 List price $3.95Save $0.43
- $47.20 Was $55.97Save $8.77
- $16.81 Was $18.78Save $1.97
- $19.35 List price $24.99Save $5.64
- $11.36 List price $17.00Save $5.64