Check out these related products
- $16.40 Was $17.45Save $1.05
- $24.61 List price $35.00Save $10.39
- $17.73 List price $26.00Save $8.27
- $19.05 List price $29.99Save $10.94
- $27.51 List price $34.95Save $7.44
- $24.08 List price $35.00Save $10.92
- $25.58 List price $34.95Save $9.37
- $23.33 List price $35.00Save $11.67
- $30.43 List price $39.95Save $9.52
- $16.80 List price $19.98Save $3.18
- $20.49 List price $25.00Save $4.51
- $19.38 List price $27.50Save $8.12
- $11.01 Was $11.71Save $0.70
- $32.29 List price $45.00Save $12.71
- $16.05 Was $16.90Save $0.85
- $16.68 List price $24.95Save $8.27
- $22.75 List price $29.95Save $7.20
- $26.74 List price $40.00Save $13.26
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Random House Inc, 2013, ISBN13 9781607743439, ISBN10 1607743434
A definitive resource for the modern meat lover, with 125 recipes and fully-illustrated step-by-step instructions for making brined, smoked, cured, skewered, braised, rolled, tied, and stuffed meats at home; plus a guide to sourcing, butchering, and cooking with the finest cuts.
The tradition of preserving meats is one of the oldest of all the food arts. Nevertheless, the craft charcuterie movement has captured the modern imagination, with scores of charcuteries opening across the country in recent years, and none is so well-loved and highly regarded as the San Francisco Bay Area's Fatted Calf.
In this much-anticipated debut cookbook, Fatted Calf co-owners and founders Taylor Boetticher and Toponia Miller present an unprecedented array of meaty goods, with recipes for salumi, pates, roasts, sausages, confits, and everything in between. A must-have for the meat-loving home cook, DIY-types in search of a new pantry project, and professionals looking to broaden their repertoire, "In the Charcuterie" boasts more than 125 recipes and fully-illustrated instructions for making brined, smoked, cured, skewered, braised, rolled, tied, and stuffed meats at home, plus a primer on whole animal butchery.
Take your meat cooking to the next level: Start with a whole hog middle, stuff it with a piquant array of herbs and spices, then roll it, tie it, and roast it for a ridiculously succulent, gloriously porky take on porchetta called The Cuban. Or, brandy your own prunes at home to stuff a decadent, caul fat-lined Duck Terrine. If it's sausage you crave, follow Boetticher and Miller's step-by-step instructions for grinding, casing, linking, looping, and smoking your own homemade Hot Links or Kolbasz.
With its impeccably tested recipes and lush, full-color photography, this instructive and inspiring tome is destined to become the go-to reference on charcuterie--and a treasure for anyone fascinated by the art of cooking with and preserving meat.
|Number of Pages:||342|
|Author:||Boetticher, Taylor , Miller, Toponia , Farnum, Alex|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||9.25 x 10.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $10.66 Was $11.50Save $0.84
- $17.85 List price $30.00Save $12.15
- $20.18 List price $24.95Save $4.77
- $12.07 List price $16.95Save $4.88
- $16.63 List price $24.95Save $8.32
- $9.66 List price $19.99Save $10.33
- $12.47 List price $17.99Save $5.52
- $9.24 List price $14.95Save $5.71
- $25.22 List price $35.00Save $9.78
- $15.00 Was $16.14Save $1.14