Check out these related products
- $12.16 List price $18.00Save $5.84
- $13.94 List price $14.95Save $1.01
- $12.87 List price $14.95Save $2.08
- $13.04 List price $15.00Save $1.96
- $14.39 List price $15.95Save $1.56
- $13.13 List price $14.99Save $1.86
- $9.40 List price $15.99Save $6.59
- $9.52 List price $11.99Save $2.47
- $13.74 List price $15.00Save $1.26
- $12.90 List price $14.99Save $2.09
- $10.90 List price $15.00Save $4.10
- $11.20 List price $15.95Save $4.75
- $11.20 Was $12.70Save $1.50
- $13.67 List price $15.00Save $1.33
- $10.63 List price $15.95Save $5.32
- $12.28 List price $16.00Save $3.72
- $12.26 List price $14.99Save $2.73
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Broadway Books, 2008, ISBN13 9780767929974, ISBN10 0767929977
Shameless exploitation has never been more fun nor done more good for more people than when done by Newman's Own--the first green food company to use all-natural ingredients, and still the most successful.
It was 1982 when Paul Newman and A. E. Hotchner made their foray into local gourmet shops with bottles of their homemade salad dressing. The venture was intended to be a lark, a way to poke fun at the traditional way the market operates. Hurdling obstacle after obstacle, they created the first company to mass-market all-natural products, eliminating the chemicals, gums, and preservatives that existed in food at the time. This picaresque saga is the inspiring story of how the two friends parlayed the joke into a multimillion-dollar company that gives "all" its profits to the less fortunate without spending money on galas, mailings, and other expensive outreaches. It also serves as a textbook for foundations and charitable organizations looking to do the most good they can with what they have.
Told in alternating voices, Newman and Hotchner have written a zany tale that is a business model for entrepreneurs, an inspirational book, and just plain delightful reading.
|Number of Pages:||247|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||TERMINALLY ILL CHILDREN , HUMAN ECOLOGY , SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF BUSINESS|
|Author:||Newman, Paul , Hotchner, A. E.|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.