In Pursuit of Elegance: Why the Best Ideas Have Something Missing
Check out these related products
- $11.48 Was $12.67Save $1.19
- $12.28 List price $16.95Save $4.67
- $13.31 List price $15.00Save $1.69
- $13.36 Was $14.19Save $0.83
- $13.50 Was $15.09Save $1.59
- $8.96 Was $11.26Save $2.30
- $12.85 List price $16.00Save $3.15
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Random House Inc, 2010, ISBN13 9780385526500, ISBN10 0385526504
What made the" Sopranos" finale one of the most-talked-about events in television history?
Why is sudoku so addictive and the iPhone so darn irresistible?
What do Jackson Pollock and Lance Armstrong have in common with theoretical physicists and Buddhist monks?
In this thought-provoking exploration of why certain events, products, and people capture our attention and imaginations, Matthew E. May examines the elusive element behind so many innovative breakthroughs in fields ranging from physics and marketing to design and popular culture. Combining unusual simplicity and surprising power, elegance is characterized by four key elements--seduction, subtraction, symmetry, and sustainability. In a compelling, story-driven narrative that sheds light on the need for elegance in design, engineering, art, urban planning, sports, and work, May offers surprising evidence that what's "not there" often trumps what is.
In the bestselling tradition of "The Tipping Point, Made to Stick, " and "The Black Swan, ""In Pursuit of Elegance" will change the way you think about the world.
|Number of Pages:||216|
|Author:||Kawasaki, Guy , May, Matthew E.|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||September, 2010|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.80 List price $28.00Save $11.20
- $12.84 List price $18.00Save $5.16
- $38.31 List price $57.00Save $18.69
- $10.61 Was $12.61Save $2.00
- $19.00 List price $27.95Save $8.95
- $9.99 List price $16.00Save $6.01
- $6.30 List price $11.95Save $5.65
- $13.10 List price $19.95Save $6.85
- $11.34 Was $12.76Save $1.42
- $9.85 List price $16.99Save $7.14
- $9.47 Was $10.20Save $0.73
- $7.89 List price $9.99Save $2.10
- $12.67 List price $17.99Save $5.32