Customers also viewed these products
- $8.61 List price $12.95Save $4.34
- $16.45 Was $19.34Save $2.89
- $10.95 List price $16.00Save $5.05
- $9.52 Was $11.12Save $1.60
Check out these related products
- $12.31 Was $13.06Save $0.75
- $13.04 Was $14.63Save $1.59
- $13.84 List price $15.00Save $1.16
- $11.11 List price $15.95Save $4.84
- $14.31 List price $16.00Save $1.69
- $21.14 List price $26.00Save $4.86
- $14.18 List price $14.99Save $0.81
- $18.13 List price $25.95Save $7.82
- $10.28 List price $16.00Save $5.72
- $9.56 List price $15.00Save $5.44
- $22.57 List price $27.95Save $5.38
- $10.10 List price $15.95Save $5.85
- $9.93 Was $11.87Save $1.94
- $9.28 Was $12.37Save $3.09
- $9.52 Was $11.39Save $1.87
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Three Rivers Press (CA), 2010, ISBN13 9780307589675, ISBN10 0307589676
"I'm a simple village girl who has always obeyed the orders of my father and brothers. Since forever, I have learned to say yes to everything. Today I have decided to say no."
Forced by her father to marry a man three times her age, young Nujood Ali was sent away from her parents and beloved sisters and made to live with her husband and his family in an isolated village in rural Yemen. There she suffered daily from physical and emotional abuse by her mother-in-law and nightly at the rough hands of her spouse. Flouting his oath to wait to have sexual relations with Nujood until she was no longer a child, he took her virginity on their wedding night. She was only ten years old.
Unable to endure the pain and distress any longer, Nujood fled--not for home, but to the courthouse of the capital, paying for a taxi ride with a few precious coins of bread money. When a renowned Yemeni lawyer heard about the young victim, she took on Nujood's case and fought the archaic system in a country where almost half the girls are married while still under the legal age. Since their unprecedented victory in April 2008, Nujood's courageous defiance of both Yemeni customs and her own family has attracted a storm of international attention. Her story even incited change in Yemen and other Middle Eastern countries, where underage marriage laws are being increasingly enforced and other child brides have been granted divorces.
Recently honored alongside Hillary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice as one of "Glamour" magazine's women of the year, Nujood now tells her full story for the first time. As she guides us from the magical, fragrant streets of the Old City of Sana'a to the cement-block slums and rural villages of this ancient land, her unflinching look at an injustice suffered by all too many girls around the world is at once shocking, inspiring, and utterly unforgettable.
|Number of Pages:||188|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Minoui, Delphine , Ali, Nujood|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||March, 2010|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $14.88 List price $25.00Save $10.12
- $15.00 List price $25.00Save $10.00
- $9.52 List price $16.00Save $6.48
- $11.84 List price $16.00Save $4.16
- $18.98 List price $28.00Save $9.02
- $9.48 List price $14.99Save $5.51
- $12.24 Was $13.13Save $0.89
- $8.98 List price $15.99Save $7.01
- $7.51 Was $12.07Save $4.56
- $15.47 List price $25.99Save $10.52
- $12.23 List price $25.99Save $13.76