Check out these related products
- $19.87 List price $21.99Save $2.12
- $9.59 List price $14.95Save $5.36
- $11.00 List price $18.99Save $7.99
- $20.37 Was $21.88Save $1.51
- $14.77 List price $19.99Save $5.22
- $19.96 Was $21.98Save $2.02
- $17.54 Was $21.61Save $4.07
- $17.77 List price $22.95Save $5.18
- $20.42 Was $27.99Save $7.57
- $18.84 List price $29.95Save $11.11
- $16.01 List price $24.95Save $8.94
About this item
About this item
Highlights the lesser-known attempts on the lives of various U.S. presidents, including the man who stalked Roosevelt for ten days on Pennsylvania Avenue, and a Cuban immigrant who planned to attack LBJ's motorcade.
In American history, four U.S. Presidents have been murdered at the hands of an assassin. In each case the assassinations changed the course of American history.
But most historians have overlooked or downplayed the many threats modern presidents have faced, and survived. Author Mel Ayton sets the record straight in his new book Hunting the Presidents: Threats, Plots and Assassination Attempts--From FDR to Obama, telling the sensational story of largely forgotten--or never-before revealed--malicious attempts to slay America's leaders.
Supported by court records, newspaper archives, government reports, FBI files, and transcripts of interviews from presidential libraries, "Hunting the Presidents" reveals:
- How an armed, would-be assassin stalked President Roosevelt and spent ten days waiting across the street from the White House for his chance to shoot him
- How the Secret Service foiled a plot by a Cuban immigrant who told coworkers he was going to shoot LBJ from a window overlooking the president's motorcade route
- How a deranged man broke into Reagan's California home and attempted to strangle the former president before he was subdued by Secret Service agents.
- In early 1992 a mentally deranged man stalking Bush turned up at the wrong presidential venue for his planned assassination attempt
- The relationships presidents held with their protectors and the effect it had on the Secret Service's mission
"Hunting the Presidents" opens the vault of stories about how many of our recent Presidents have come within a hair's breadth of assassination, leaving America's fate in the balance. Most of these stories have remained buried--until now.
|Number of Pages:||322|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $20.98 List price $30.00Save $9.02
- $12.59 List price $15.99Save $3.40
- $22.99 List price $34.99Save $12.00
- $23.54 List price $24.99Save $1.45
- $10.15 Was $11.44Save $1.29
- $42.16 List price $49.95Save $7.79
- $15.79 List price $27.99Save $12.20
- $18.90 List price $27.00Save $8.10