This bike has a lot of great features on it. I love the disc brakes. They work so well. My old bike the brakes where wearing out on them, and did not work very well, so when I first used these breaks I almost flew off the bike, because I was not ready for them to work so well. I use to have to walk my bike down hills because the brakes would not work very well on them. With this bike the brakes work well, so I was able to ride it slowly down the hills. I also love the different gears it has. It is so easy to switch between gears. I would highly recommend this bike to anyone on a budget needing a good quality bike for a decent price. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Huffy 24" Scout Boys' Hardtail 21-Speed Mountain Bike with Disc Brakes
Arrives by Thu, Feb 20
In stock at San Leandro, 15555 Hesperian Blvd
About This Item
Huffy 24? Scout™ Boys? 21-Speed Mountain Bike with Dual Disc Brakes
Great performance. Thrilling adrenaline rush. Awesome look.
When you're ready to pedal beyond the pavement, the Huffy Scout 24? Mountain Bike has got style and the specs you want for a cool, confident ride. The 21-speed twist shifting system with a Shimano 7-speed rear indexed derailleur consistently shifts between gears for quick adjustments on various terrains.
Front and rear dual disc brakes provide a more consistent response with reliable stopping action in all types of weather. These brakes are especially handy for climbs and descents, and for more dependable control in muddy or rocky areas. Ride with confidence on this hardtail mountain bike.
With disc brakes, this bike allows the use of wider tires — that rewards you, the rider, with better traction on all riding surfaces. Wider tires increase momentum with less exertion, a characteristic you appreciate more, the further you go.
The front suspension is precision-crafted for a responsive ride, while the 3-piece steel crank remains durable for many years of use. This bike's beefy headtube and sleek angular-shaped rims complement the stylish bike with added performance.
The padded ATB saddle is designed for comfort and style, plus the quick-release binder clip makes it easy to adjust saddle height as needed. The slight-rise handlebar encourages the proper posture for increased comfort and confidence as you tackle those trails. Great performance, great style, great memories to come. From Huffy. We Make Fun.
Boys? 24-inch Mountain Bike Features:
- FEATURE: 21-speed bike's twist shifting system with Shimano rear derailleur delivers consistent response for uphill and downhill rides.
- Frame: Hardtail frame and front suspension fork combine for great riding over a mix of terrain.
- Brakes: Dual disc brakes provide a more consistent response and stopping action in wet conditions as well as dry weather.
- Speeds: 21-speed mountain bike has consistent twist shifting with the rear Shimano 7-speed indexed derailleur.
- Tires: Dual disc brakes enable use of wider tires for greater traction on any terrain.
- Seat: Padded saddle, with durable stitching, can be easily adjusted to the right height.
- Rims: Strong, alloy double-walled rims are lightweight and complete this style with an edgy, aerodynamic design.
- Grips:Huffy-branded Krayton grips provide a performance style and comfort feel.
- Handlebar: Slight-rise handlebar encourages the proper posture for increased comfort.
- Quick Seat Adjustment: Quick-release binder clip makes it easy to adjust the seat as needed.
- Pedals:ATB resin mountain bike pedals have just the right amount of tactile grip.
- Carton Dimensions: Length: 54.33", by Width: 8.27", by Height: 45.76"
- Package Weight: 45.8 lbs.
Clear assembly instructions included.
Limited Lifetime Frame Warranty.
Warranty information is located on the product?s manual. Please feel free to contact Huffy customer service for warranty information at 1 (800) 872-2453 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Huffy, the company making quality bicycles since 1892.
Dual Disc Brakes
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
66.50 x 23.50 x 39.00 Inches
Manuals & Guides
This bike has it all. Out of the box, it was easy to assemble. Bike is sturdy and well made. The 21 speed shifting system is smooth and easy to use, with quick response for fast adjustments. The disc brakes offer a quick reaction and do not squeak or squeal. The seat has a "quick release" for easy height adjustment. My son loves his new bike and how amazingly smooth it rides. It's his first bike with gears, but he had no problem learning to navigate those as they adjust with no effort. I can't keep him off of it, meaning he's out getting fresh air and exercise which is a win. Definitely a great, reliable choice! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Great bike, you get many features for a low price
Bought for 9 year old grandson, moving up from a 20in bike. The Bike is heavy, but for the price and features it is a really nice bike. Paint and finish colors make the bike look higher end than it is. No scratches or damage to the bike when pulled from the box. About 15 minutes to assemble with grandson doing the work. You do need Allen wrenches, a 15mm open end wrench, and a tire pump. Out of the box the shifters and dual disc brakes all worked great with no fussy adjustments. He has put about 5 miles on it so far and he really loves it. Have run on pavement and some dirt paths. While I wouldn't recommend it for serious Mountain Bike trail riding in our opinion this bike is a great buy.