Check out these related products
- $17.96 Was $20.70Save $2.74
- $16.51 List price $19.95Save $3.44
- $16.96 Was $18.17Save $1.21
- $23.79 List price $35.00Save $11.21
- $22.32 List price $25.95Save $3.63
- $19.21 List price $21.95Save $2.74
- $15.42 List price $17.99Save $2.57
- $43.85 List price $60.00Save $16.15
- $36.31 List price $45.00Save $8.69
- $10.19 List price $16.99Save $6.80
Consider these popular products
- $12.79 List price $19.99Save $7.20
- $13.28 List price $18.99Save $5.71
- $14.37 List price $16.95Save $2.58
- $13.84 Was $15.54Save $1.70
- $15.70 List price $21.99Save $6.29
- $8.88 Was $9.95Save $1.07
About this item
About this item
Paperback, Firefly Books, 2012, ISBN13 9781770851061, ISBN10 1770851062
"A world-renowned design authority shows how to make the most of every square foot."
Praise for the previous edition:
"Lavishly illustrated, it makes living, cooking, entertaining, working and sleeping in less than 1,000 square feet easy and even desirable."
"Packed with myriad possibilities on how small scale can still contain big style."
Whether motivated by soaring energy costs, smaller families or the desire to live more simply, homeowners are abandoning "McMansions" for smaller housing. In "How to Live in Small Spaces," Terence Conran explains that what's paramount to livability is not the square footage you have, but how you divide it.
In this comprehensive, full-color book, Conran tackles the many challenges posed by small spaces. Chapters cover storage, bedrooms, children's rooms, lighting, extension and much more. "Assessing your needs" checklists and "Points to consider" sidebars add valuable ideas. Six case studies conclude the book with excellent examples of great designs.
First published in 2002, Conran brings the book up to date by incorporating the latest technological and design innovations in space-saving furniture, fixtures, decor trends and construction. He offers practical design advice on exploiting every inch of space, such as: Using fold-down and pull-out features Buying slimline appliances Installing indoor portholes and windows Lessening the impact of furniture Using scale and proportion to advantage Manipulating color, texture and pattern Using screens, partitions and platforms Improving circulation paths.
Terence Conran doesn't lose sight of the challenges posed by small spaces and the ingenuity and compromises they demand. He shows how easy it is to create a home whose comfort is not dependent on size, but on efficiency and design integrity.
|Number of Pages:||223|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Firefly Books Ltd|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||10.00 x 11.75 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question