We have a 2000 sqft home and this 14000btu unit makes a noticeable difference. We get the main room as cold as we can stand and then use fans to move the air around to bedrooms, etc. We get maybe 3-5 hot and humid weeks around here and this is perfect. We also bought the sliding door insert from Sylvain which works perfectly with this unit (we have crank out windows)
- BTU14000 BTUs
- Maximum Room Size700 sq ft
- Is Energy Star-CertifiedN
- Is PortableY
About This Item
- Stylish, powerful & dependable - cools rooms 550-700 sq. Ft. Thermal overload protection for added safety & peace of mind. Automatic vertical wind motion helps distribute powerful cool air evenly for fast & consistent cooling
- Dual filters designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance. Filters clean easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Full set window kit included for quick & easy installation for vertical and horizontal windows (max. Hose length is 4 feet)
- Designed for comfort with 3 fan speeds, sleep mode, controls, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control with display included
- Stress-free auto evaporation – no bucket to empty (except in areas with high humidity). built-in dehumidifier removes up to 111 pints/24 hours with continuous drain option for long unattended operation
- 14000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 8500 BTU (DOE+ 2017 Standard)
- Powerful air flow and quiet operation
- Cools rooms up to 700 sq. ft.
- No bucket, no-drip cooling uses auto-evaporation system
- Fan-only mode gently circulates air when air conditioner cooling isn't needed
- Built-in dehumidifier with continuous drain system removes up to 111-pints moisture per 24 hours
- Digital LED display with soft touch controls and full-function remote control
- Honeywell 14,000 BTU portable air conditioner has 3 speeds with 24-hour automatic shutoff timer
- Sleep mode for energy-saving cool comfort during the night
- Powerful air flow (241CFM) with quiet operation (52dBA)
- Back access washable filter helps catch unwanted dust particles in the air
- Smooth gliding castor wheels allow you to easily roll the unit from room to room
- Easy-to-install window venting kit included with adjustable window bracket (from 26.6" to 49.6")
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead and lead compounds, which is/are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause both cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Fabric Care Instructions: Do Not Wash
Auto Shut-Off, Energy Efficient, Remote Controlled, Easy Clean, Easy Installation
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
15.70 x 18.90 x 31.30 Inches
Manuals & Guides
Does the job!
This "blow cold" really blows cold!
My installation was way more involved due to casement windows and a stucco house, but I ended up making a hole in the wall to the outside and am very pleased with the results. The unit itself was easy to unpack and easy to set up, and what shocked me was how cold it really got in a big hurry! The exhaust was almost as warm as a dryer vent to the outside, and with the fan only set on low speed, there was a huge difference in temperature in our bedroom within 10 minutes!
Only had four about 3 weeks. So far it is working great. Feel these reviews should be done again after 6 months or a year. Preferably year.
One tiny little part came damaged but was replaced immediately. Again works great
Love the remote control and the ease of moving from room to room if needed
AC works great, but window panel is flimsy
The window vent panel was too large for my windows. It is made two pieces of thin plastic, but I could only use front piece that attaches to vent. Without the second piece to stabilize, the plastic keeps twisting and popping out of window on one end and I ended up using gaffer tape to stabilize (hope it comes off clean, lol). AC works great, but the window panel for the vent could use some tweaking.
Works pretty well for a portable
It's bigger than I thought, but it was simple to set up and seems to work well. It's fairly quiet compared to most AC's. We use it in the bedroom and I especially like the night mode which turns off the lights and increases the temp on the thermostat by 1 degree first hour and then a couple more times throughout the night/morning. I wish the AC cord was a bit longer though.
Great for our needs
We have a very well-insulated unique home and don't often feel the need for A/C in the summer, but as humidity increases and we have more frequent hot spells in the northeast I broke down and bought one of these this year. Our house is small (1200 SF) and we have sliding windows, so a traditional window unit wouldn't work. This seemed to be the best solution, and all the reviews I read for it were great. We put the unit upstairs in a loft area so it could cool both the upstairs
It might need some more power.
14,000 BTU and it doesn't get a 225sq ft room colder than 65 degrees. The sound is great and low. There may be a problem with the compressor because it sounds the same on low and high cool. Im not disappointed but Im not fully satisfied either.
I miss the brick an mortar stores
The unit cooled my 400 sq foot space well but it was really very loud. I called the manufacturer. They said "Sometimes that happens if the unit gets dropped during shipping. It's not supposed to make noise. Return it." Returning an air conditioner to Walmart.com is not easy. I had to go yo the FedEx store to print the label and buy a large box and packing tape for $23. Then wrestle the huge beast into the box and out to the curb for pickup. I am now waiting for the refund.
Better have a big bucket
Thing generates a gallon of water in a very short amount of time better have a big bucket to catch all the water. This is in a area where humidity is not very high can't imagine if you lived somewhere like Minnesota you better have a swimming pool to catch the water
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question