Arrived 2 days after ordering. Super easy to set up, simply unpack and add cord winders that's it very portable on wheels. I recently had mold remediation and it was recommended I get a dehumidifier. I grew up on all things Honeywell and this does not disappoint!
About This Item
- 50-PINT 9-GALLON DEHUMIDIFIER FOR MEDIUM TO LARGE ROOMS: This powerful beast effectively removes moisture from the air to protect walls, curtains, furniture and appliances from excess household moisture. Ideal for basements, living rooms, cellars, and storage rooms.
- PEACE OF MIND WITH A BRAND YOU TRUST: Honeywell Dehumidifiers are top rated by an independent, US-based product safety-testing agency since 2016 and all Honeywell Dehumidifiers are backed by an outstanding warranty. Plus, if you ever need help, the Honeywell Home Comfort customer service hotline connects you directly to an in-house customer support team who are ready to help (during office hours).
- ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED: This compact, yet powerful, unit removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers, saving you money.
- EASY TO USE, EASY TO MAINTAIN: Auto-Drain Pump drains condensation vertically or horizontally easily into a sink or out a window (up to 15 feet) - drain tube included. The durable air filter with clean filter alert helps reduce dust and washes clean under a faucet – no filter replacements necessary.
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: humidistat control automatically activates dehumidification based on pre-set room conditions. What else? Additional features include a 24-hour energy-saving timer, Sleep mode, low temperature operation, auto-restart after a power outage and smooth-gliding wheels.
- Energy Star qualified dehumidifier removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers
- Removes up to 50 pints of moisture from the air every 24 hours in a room up to 3,500 sq. ft.
- Built-in vertical pumps allows you to drain water into a sink or tub or out the window
- Controls humidity for a more comfortable home environment
- 2 fan speeds (high and low) plus 24-hour programmable timer
- Convenient auto restart feature after a power outage
- Low temperature operation down to 41 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water level indicator, full tank light, audible alert and auto shut-off
- Easily detachable, anti-spill water tank with comfortable, ergonomic handle (14-pint capacity)
- Washable dust filter with "clean filter" alert for optimum maintenance
- Smooth-gliding caster wheels and convenient top handles to move the unit with ease
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause both cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Washable, Energy Efficient
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
17.90 x 13.50 x 25.90 Inches
Customer reviews & ratings
I purchased this to use in my basement. When I turned it on the basement had 82 percent humidity. I programmed it to run in the continuous mode set for 30% humidity like the instructions said. After around 24 hours it was down to 52% humidity. I also used the pump to drain the water into a sink. This worked great and I didn't need to worry about dumping the water out of the bucket. I would definitely recommend this unit.
I purchased this dehumidifier about a month ago. I am extremely happy with it so far. Was very easy to get it up and running. We are using it in our finished basement and it has already made the air smell fresher. It is a good looking appliance and runs quieter than I was expecting. I like the various features. I am emptying the tank about every other day, and planned to use the continuous drain or the pump drain, but emptying the tank is so easy I may just use it this way for a while as its easy to move and relocate to different areas of the basement. I would highly recommend this unit.
Wonderful. Has removed a lot of moisture from my home. My air isnt running near as much.
Good quality, met my expectations.
Have only used for a short time but has been really great.
Best Dehumidifier We Have Ever Owned!
So far, I have to say that we are very impressed with the Honeywell 70 Pint Dehumidifier with the built in pump. A couple of years ago, we learned that we were having humidity problems in our home when conduit condensation literally melted through part of our basement ceiling. After three years with a different brand's loud, ugly model, we started looking for a better solution (aka not buying just anything as an emergency response). During our hunt, a work friend of mine recommended the Honeywell 70 Pint Dehumidifier with the built-in pump. I will be blunt, I didn't really get why we needed the pump but when my husband (an engineer) saw the product on Amazon, he told me to order it immediately since he thought it would fix all of our problems. Boy was he right!
Typically, we have a dehumidifier running 24/7 as much as possible during the summer months – one built-in in the basement and one upstairs. After the ceiling incident, our A/C guy recommended we never let the humidity get above 50% or it would probably happen again. Even with their professionally installed dehumidifier in the basement, our upper floors would typically stay at 60% if we used nothing more, and the upstairs (noisy) one struggled to maintain 47 – 50% humidity in our 2400 square foot home.
After setting up the Honeywell 70 Pint Dehumidifier with the built in pump for a little over a day, we had something happen that baffled us – the dehumidifier was running with just the fan. We at first thought something was wrong until we looked at the unit and our home thermostat – our humidity was at 39%! This has literally never happened during the summer since we purchased our house. All of this within a 24 hour period! After a week of running in our home, the air quality in our home is even better, with me not needing some of my allergy medications (I work from home so that's mostly where my allergies trigger). It isn't an exaggeration to say it thoroughly beat our expectations.
What I have to say is another major plus is the built in pump. Not having to constantly worry about emptying the bucket twice a day has been a major relief - the pump just drains through a line into our first floor bathroom sink. I want to say this happened about 3 to 4 times the first day (before it had lowered the upstairs humidity), and has dropped to 2-3 times a day after that. It activates for less than 30 seconds, but I won't lie, the unit is a bit loud for that time. However, compared to hauling and dumping the old one's bucket - and hoping it doesn't spill while moving through the house - it's just so much better. The only "drawback" is that I no longer have a bucket of water ready for watering my deck flowers – darn!
Setting up the drain line for the pump was the hardest part of the entire setup - quite literally screwing the hose to the back. Empty the box and the parts in the bucket, position, and go (5 minutes or less for everything).
Overall, the Honeywell 70 Pint Dehumidifier with the built in pump might be the best $350 we ever spent on our home and health. It is stylish, performs above our expectations, and runs fairly quiet compared to our old dehumidifier (which is impressive when we moved it to our two story open hallway with echo issues). After turning off our other units, we're saving time and money, AND enjoying peace of mind when we travel, knowing humidity will no longer be an issue in our home!
Great at dehumidifying, self-pumping not so much
This unit is rather efficient at drying out my large basement, even with a closed door separating one half. Has some nice options/modes of operation. This would have gotten 5 stars but the pump option - which is why I got it - is just about worthless. I'm not sure why they would go to the trouble of offering such an option if they weren't going to install a pump that will actually lift it into anything. The picture shows it going into a window and says it will lift 14 inches (hardly practical) but mine will barely move water past 6 inches. Other than that it's a very good unit.
Quiet, effective , but some leakage to floor
The unit is quiet and effective but leaks condensate from bottom of unit. I've leveled unit but still get a 4-8 oz of water leaking to floor. in about 8 hours running depending on humidity level. I'm not using pump, I empty tank when full. Bought a half sheet baking pan that fits perfectly under unit to catch the leakage...that's how I can measure amount. I spent couple of hours leveling unit to within quarter inch and still get the leakage. Despite this I'm not returning unit. May eventually move to basement from living dining area or hookup drainage line and use pump to drain outside house
very nice unit but the pump did not pump the water out. You could hear it run but nothing would happen and the unit would fill up and shut off. Returning today to Walmart . I will reorder another one just like it or maybe one a little bigger for my basement . It will be a Honeywell
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question