The Homedics Warm and Cold Mist Humidifier is super awesome and includes a few really amazing features. My favorite is the night light, because that's one of those things that comes in handy. But here are some other features I really like, as well as general information about the humidifier:
* The humidifier immediately produces cold, visible mist as soon as it's turned on.
* Included is a demineralization cartridge which reduces "white dust", the minerals left behind when hard water is vaporized. This helps with cleaning and maintaining the humidifier.
* Warm mist takes about 20 minutes to reach warmth.
* The humidifier can last roughly 65 hours straight if using the cold mist setting as well as the lowest mist setting.
* A time limit can be set at intervals of 2, 4, or 8 hours so that it doesn't have to run continually.
* A blue nightlight illuminates when selected.
* Has a 1.4 gallon water capacity.
* Cord length is 6 feet.
I love all the features, the timer, how quickly the mist starts (even though the warm mist takes a little longer to get going). I love how easy it is to use and get it all set up. Instructions are clear and easy to follow.
Important to note: Essential oils will ruin the humidifier. This cannot double as a diffuser for therapeutic oils.