I received this item as a birthday gift. My only gripe was with preordering, I ordered a week before my birthday, and got it two weeks after, shipping took forever! Well worth the wait! It functions like a normal computer. I can do all the same things I would on a normal computer, could this be the new normal? I took it out the box, and it booted itself up upon opening it. In seconds I was already configuring it to my personal tastes. I've already used it for home work, mapping, youtube, netflix, amazon music, pandora, theres even a studio app to create music. The 100gb of cloud storage is a nice bonus. The computer hasn't slowed down and battery life is great. My next laptop in the future will be a chromebook. I cant see myself going back to a pricey device. I typed this entire review from my chromebook. Thank You Hisense and Google for an awesome product!
- Laptop Computer TypeChromebooks
- Screen Size11.6"
- RAM Memory2 GB
- Operating SystemChrome OS
- Hard Drive Capacity16 GB
- Battery LifeUp to 10 hours, secondary protection design of current, voltage and temperature
About This Item
- Built for speed and simplicity: Starts in seconds and stays fast throughout the day.
- More up-time between charges: With up to 8 hours* of battery life, you can surf, work or play from anywhere.
(*All Chromebooks come with at least 8 hours of battery life.)
- Security from the start: Automatic updates and backups offer protection and peace of mind
- Do more with apps: Entertainment or productivity, all your favorite apps are available in the Google Play store.
- Designed with you in mind: Hardware from premium manufacturers with innovative and sleek designs.
- Set digital ground rules with Family Link: Parents can manage their family's apps and websites, set screen time limits, and even remotely lock devices.
Discover your Chromebook:
Hisense Chromebook (11.6" Quad-Core Processor):
Key Features and Benefits:
- ARM Cortex-A17 Quad-Core processor
- 2GB DDR3 system memory
- Gives you options for surfing, video conferencing, documents, basic photo editing and simple computer tasks
- 16GB eMMC local storage
- eMMC 5.0 MLC 3 times life cycle of TLC eMMC 3 times writing speed of TLC eMMC
- Store 10,666 photos or 4,571 songs and more
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN
- Wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11a/b/g/n/ac connection built into your Chromebook
- 11.6" HD screen
- Built-in 1.3 megapixel webcam
- 11.6" Chromebook comes with microSD memory card reader
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x 3.5mm combo jack, 1 x HDMI port
- Standard lithium-polymer battery, up to 8.5 hours battery life
- Chrome OS
Support and Warranty:
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
What's In the Box:
- Power cord and AC adapter
- Standard lithium-polymer battery
- Quick Start Guide
To see the manufacturer's specifications for this product, click here.
To see a list of our PC Accessories, click here.
Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here.
What is a Chromebook?
Chromebooks are a new type of computer designed to help you get things done faster and easier. Chromebook starts up in seconds, so you can immediately start playing or working. Chromebook looks like a laptop and feels like a laptop, but differs from traditional computers as follows:
- Instead of Windows OS or Apple OS, Chromebooks run on Chrome OS, an operating system that features multiple layers of security, cloud storage and the most popular Google products built right in
- Chromebook won't load and run traditional PC applications such as Microsoft Office or Skype. However, Chromebook uses Chrome-specific apps for everyday tasks
- You'll be able to create documents, listen to music, edit your photos, chat with friends and family and play online games. Plus, you can download many additional apps from the Chrome Web Store. No more buying and installing software - thousands of apps are free and feature automatic updates
- Chromebook comes with built-in virus protection, multiple layers of security and verified boot help to keep you safe from viruses and malware
- Your Chromebook will keep your files away from your machine and safe online
- Google Drive is built right in, so your files and photos are automatically backed up to the cloud
- Your Chromebook will update itself for free, so you'll always have the latest and greatest version
- No need for manual downloads and upgrades
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Rockchip RK3288 Cortex A17 Quad-Core Processor
|Hard Drive Capacity|
|Processor Core Type|
|Video Game Platform|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
802.11n, Wi-Fi, 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11ac, 802.11g
Up to 10 hours, secondary protection design of current, voltage and temperature
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
11.42 x 8.03 x 0.76 Inches
Great Price, awesome laptop!
I made sure I looked up reviews online for this laptop before I purchased it since Walmart didn't have any yet and they were all pretty positive so I decided to make the purchase. I've only had this for a couple of days so I'm praying it doesn't end up not working in a few weeks like some products do but I likely doubt it. The keyboard keys are secure unlike most laptops that end up eventually having keys pop out, the battery lasts forever, web pages load fast, easy set up to my wireless printer, and everything I need is supplied for free from google like google documents. Plus it comes with a webcam you can use with google hangouts! I highly recommend this laptop to everyone.
Top 10 Review of Hisense Chromebook 11
I have three other Chromebooks ( a HP 11, a HP 14, and a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e) and when I saw that Walmart was going to sell this, I had to do a pre-order. I have had this Chromebook for 10 days now and really like it. A great Chromebook - Almost as good as my 2014 Lenovo for about one-third of the price. DOCUMENTATION: Chromebooks have great documentation, and it is all on the device. Tap or click on the magnifying glass in the bottom bar and read all about the Chrome Operating System. There is a printed 9 page Quick Start Guide to get you going. CONSTRUCTION: Very good. No squeaks or flexing and good fit all around. Only weighs 2.5 lbs. Almost a pound lighter than my Lenovo. It looks real good but the finish is a real fingerprint magnet. The screen hinge allows the screen to go back about 135 degrees. Far enough back to be straight on to the screen face on your lap. KEYBOARD AND TOUCHPAD: Very good. Full size shift keys and a really responsive touchpad with the normal two and three finger commands. SCREEN: Conventional TN type screen like most Chromebooks. Bright but colors are not vivid. Off-angle viewing not the worst but not the best either. It is acceptable but not in the same league as my wide-angle-view IPS screen on my Lenovo (But the Lenovo cost almost three times the price of this Hisense last year). It is not a touchscreen like my Lenovo. OPERATION: If you are used to a Windows or Android computer, you will find a Chromebook very different. But for a lot of operations, I find the Chromebook superior. Much easier to learn and maintain - faster for starting and stopping - faster for many web operations - Many windows and web tabs. Most of my Chromebooks have four windows with about 25 tabs. This Hisense scores 640 on Sunspider and 6923 on Google Octane. That is just as fast as my Lenovo. Some of the newer model Chromebooks score better but also cost considerably more. Free memory was 9.3GB. The USB ports worked with a Hub, Flash Drive, Mouse receiver, 1 TB portable Hard Drive, and a Optical Drive at the same time. A lot of the Windows and Android programs will not run on a Chromebook but the Chrome Store has many Apps that will do the same functions. SPEAKERS: This Chromebook actually has reasonable speakers - a little short of bass but decent volume for a small tablet or notebook. I don't have a way to test the battery life, but the claimed "up to 8.5" hours seems reasonable. CONCLUSION: For the price, this is the best Chromebook I have ever seen or read about.
Perfect Computer for Casual User
Chromebooks combine functionality with simplicity and utility with low cost. For the user who is not required to use Microsoft's or other expensive software, this is the perfect choice. Regardless of the Chromebook's user friendliness, it still requires some experience in order to use it. So for those with no experience or helpful friends, I'd recommend purchasing one of many books available on how to set up your Chromebook. As for the Hisense Chromebook that I purchased, it has not disappointed. It is a good little machine and available at an excellent price. The computer was packaged nicely (arrived undamaged), and was shipped and delivered promptly. My only hesitation in recommending this computer is the sound produced by the speakers (a bit tinny) - I've had better performance with other Chromebooks, but they were all more expensive machines. I am happy with the purchase and will recommend it to others who I feel would benefit from the use of a Chromebook.
Good so far
Bought this Chromebook after looking up the reviews. Ppl say the mouse pad is too sensitive but I've had 0 issues. I do like the function of being able to depress the pad to operate. Depressing the pad and siding or rolling your finger across it gives you the luxury of faster operation without double tapping the pad. I Haven't bought a computer in over 11 years. As my last computer worked right up to the time when Microsoft stopped updating older computers. Since then I've used my IPhone for Internet operation or my daughter's computer when I couldn't use the phone. With somethings you need a computer no matter what so I was forced to get this one. Problem with the Chromebook is I still need a computer to hook it up to my home printer(sucks). Found this out after my purchase. Hopefully this won't be what is needed when pairing hardware for normal operation because I'll be back to square one and still be needing to buy a full fledge computer.
hisense chromebook review
This is my second Chromebook. My first was a Samsung which was ok but this performs better-faster loading of web pages, better screen and better case feel. The sound may not be better but is adequate. Would suggest to purchase for anyone wishing to acquire a small laptop that does nearly all that a much more expensive one would do.
Pretty good for the money
I got this computer merely as a backup and intended only to use it once in a while... for this it's perfect. 2 things i don't love are: 1. Screen resolution is really not great... in order to see as much as possible i zoom the screen out to the maximum but the sharpest resolution is slightly more zoomed in which makes everything larger but doesn't allow me to see as much and makes me feel a little 'claustrophobic.' 2. I cant figure out how to download a proper email client like outlook express or thunderbird.... right now its mainly web based email only but this is less useful for me cuz i access many different emails from different domains. Other than the above, the chromebook is serving me well and should be suitable for anyone who is alreadyconnected into the Android / Google ecosystem (vs Apple).
This is the first time I buy a Chromebook and it has been a great surprise. Really it give me all the features that I need. I'm very pleased with what I bought!.
very basic laptop
I have read some reviews before. Some people saying the speakers are not good on this laptop. I find myself disagreeing with that aspect. It has good audio, battery life. It is true that this device doesn't have regular apps bht didn't understand exactly what that meant. More specifically they are more like internet short cuts to websites. They do keep track of your progress so in that way and others could still be considered an app. Another down side is that you have to use an internet connection for apps and just about everything might be useful to the owner in general. You can't do anything without internet. The biggest disappointment by far.
I owned this chromebook for 2 months before it crashed on me, and getting customer service to repair it has been very difficult. I would suggest you continue your research because there are better chromebooks . If you do decide to purchase please be warned it is very difficult to get proper assistance.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question