Check out these related products
- $10.99 List price $16.95Save $5.96
- $14.15 List price $16.95Save $2.80
- $10.52 Was $12.40Save $1.88
- $10.87 Was $12.62Save $1.75
- $14.34 Was $15.34Save $1.00
- $12.92 Was $15.12Save $2.20
- $14.48 List price $16.95Save $2.47
- $12.58 Was $13.32Save $0.74
About this item
About this item
Explains the transformative powers of harmonics from both scientific and spiritual perspectives, and includes practical exercises demonstrating how to use sound in healing and meditation, including overtoning, sonic yoga, and vowels as mantras.
The first book to explain from both scientific and spiritual perspectives the healing and transformative powers of harmonics.
- Includes practical exercises demonstrating how to use sound in healing and meditation, including "Vowels as Mantras" and "Overtoning."
- Describes how harmonics can be used as "sonic yoga" for meditation and deep relaxation to enhance energy.
- Over 25,000 copies of first editions sold in 6 languages.
- Author won 1999 Visionary Awards for Best Healing-Meditation Album.
The Mystery Schools of Egypt, Greece, and Rome understood that vibration is the fundamental active force in the universe and developed specific chants and tones for healing the mind, body, and spirit and achieving altered states of consciousness. Overtone chanting--also called vocal harmonics--is the ability of the human voice to create two or more notes at the same time. "Healing Sounds" explains how to perform vocal harmonics and experience their transformative and curative powers.
An internationally recognized master teacher, the author provides diverse examples of sound healing systems incorporating both mystical and medical traditions--from Tibetan monks' use of tantric harmonics to Dr. Alfred Tomatis' use of Gregorian chanting--and their capacity to affect us on all levels. With many easy-to-follow exercises, "Healing Sounds" is the first book to show from both the scientific and spiritual viewpoints how to use the transformative power of sound for healing on physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels.
|Number of Pages:||192|
|Subject:||HARMONY , MUSIC THERAPY|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 8.75 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $18.34 List price $23.49Save $5.15
- $7.47 List price $15.00Save $7.53
- $13.56 Was $16.45Save $2.89
- $6.34 Was $6.80Save $0.46
- $10.11 List price $12.95Save $2.84
- $10.87 List price $15.95Save $5.08
- $16.49 List price $29.95Save $13.46
- $14.04 List price $22.95Save $8.91