Similar items in stock
- $64.00 Was $69.00Save $5.00
Western Digital My Book 2TB Essential USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive, WDBACW0020HBKSN
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$119.99 List price $167.99Save $48.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Western Digital My Book Essential 2TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive:
- Visual backup displays your content in categories and shows the progress of your backup
- Automatic, continuous backup instantly makes a second copy whenever you add or change a file
- Bring back lost files whether you've lost all your data or just overwritten an important file
- WD SmartWare Control Center lets you customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics and more
- Drive Lock protects your data from unauthorized access with password protection and 256-bit encryption
- Illuminated Capacity Gauge lets you see at a glance how much space is available on your Western Digital 2TB desktop hard drive
- USB 2.0 Interface offers convenience and compatibility among multiple computers
- WD GreenPower Technology lowers internal drive power consumption of the Western Digital 2TB desktop hard drive by up to 30 percent
- Plug and play compatibility with Windows PCs
|Hard Drive Capacity:||3.0 TB & Up|
|Video Game Platform:||Mac|
|Compatible Devices:||PC , Mac|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||WDBACW0020HBKSN|
|Is Dark Sky-Compliant:||Y|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.56 x 6.90 x 7.94 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- yes.by nachoman1911/21/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am using it by doing manual backups, and am not presently using the backup software included. So, if I am correctly understanding your question, yes, you plug it into an electrical outlet, and into the USB port on your computer (it is 3.0 but is 2.0 compatible) and can access it as an external hard drive, which should show up in your list of drives. It does in mine.by whozis8/24/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. You can use any backup software or none at all. You also don't have to install their backup software during installation.by Tex426/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- That's what I'm doing. I use it as a place for movies, music, books, etc.by vahog5/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. You can copy files directly to it as well as use the backup software. I choose to not use the backup software. Instead, I use the Windows backup. I also use it as a DVR for my WinTv board that I have in the computer.by Lou15/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The USB 3.0 compatibility is almost worthless. It does help some, but, The Actual Speed is severly limited by the SATA-2 Interface, but Mostly by the 32MB Cache Size.by JudgeBAT9/8/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is capable of both, depending on whether your CPU uses 2.0 or 3.0.by rivercity1/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It's compatible with both.by zinda8910/18/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- HD actually has a 3.0 connection and comes with a cable that has 3.0 on the HD side and a 2.0 connection on the other. So the HD is capable of doing complete 3.0 with the correct cable and is copable of attaching to 2.O and working. I have it attached to a 2.0 on my router. 3.0 connection looks a little different than the 2.0 connection.by Fastang679/20/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It will work with either, or. If you have the 3.0 it will download information for storage lightning fast. If you have 2.0 it will do the job, just not as fast as if it were a 3.0by EnjoysWalMarting9/20/2011Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. does thi hd (# wdbacw0020hbksn ) worke with a 64 bit opp system running windows vista ?
- of course it does, but you should move up to Win 7 to have a smoother running OS. 7 is just VISTA with all the problems worked out.by zinda8910/18/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, It´s work in 64 bit Vistaby FMITDS6/7/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am currently using one on a Sony Vaio laptop running 64-bit Vista. It works just fine ... no problems!by Eclecticist9/30/2011Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It worked on 64bit win7 on usb2 and usb3by RmWjr1/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- Clearance$5.00 Was $5.61Save $0.61
- Reduced Price$13.14 List price $31.06Save $17.92
- $15.34 Was $19.88Save $4.54
- from $5.69
- Reduced Price$28.10 List price $48.45Save $20.35
- $9.98 Was $11.91Save $1.93