I have loved Venus products over the years. I tried this product and was so unhappy with it that it motivated me to toss it, send feedback to gillette, and register for this site to write this review. The only reason I'm not going to ask for my money back on the product is I love Venus products and I'll just consider this a "donation" purchase in the hopes that it funds a BETTER venus razor than this in the future.
I took the time to read some of the other reviews prior to writing this, just to make sure that it's "not just me". I find it interesting that the highest ratings are often by people who have never tried a venus product before (using cheap disposables, competing product, a man's razor, etc). So among ALL razors out there I'm sure the breeze is probably top notch... I just found it to be the weakest of the venus razors I've used, and I was MUCH happier with my vibrance, divine, or heck even just the original venus.
Problems I had with the razor include:
- The "docking station" (that's what I call them - the cartridge holders) for the breeze is really bulky compared to the other venus holders.
- The angle of the razor I didn't like. I'm used to the curve of other venus razors - they were just right. This one was too steep or something, I had trouble getting it right, resulting in cuts or missed hair
- I found it harder to keep a good grip on this razor when wet (I'm a shower shaver) compared to my previous venus razors. This compounded my problems with the angle.
- I didn't care for the texture of the gel too much, but that's minor
- What I DID care about though was as the gel bars wore down, they started to get this weird bumpy texture that is scratchy and uncomfortable on my skin. It doesn't look like the gel bars are worn down too much (thought maybe it's because it was "running low") I only used the thing three times! I think it's something about the way the gel erodes as it's used
- The quality of the blades didn't seem as good but that could just be me seeing things. I definately didn't get as close of a shave as I'm used to with venus products though :(
- Meanwhile the areas that I did manage to shave well got really really razor burned. Not what I'm used to from a venus! Maybe that's just me though, but I'll include that bit of feedback anyway.
- It says no shaving gel required...but what they should say is a flat out "don't use gel". I wasn't happy at all with the shave I was getting the first 2 times, so I tried to use it with a little from-the-bottle gel to see if it helped. All that succeeded in doing was making it so the razor couldn't actually get at my skin unless I pressed down so hard I was prone to cutting myself.
I tried to "tough it out" through the first razor head but the final time I shaved one leg, stopped, threw the whole thing away, and came in here to start writing this. I'll also be writing a positive review of the vibrance because at this point all this razor did is make me realize how much I loved the vibrance!