I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I saw the small box UPS had just delivered on my front porch. But I opened it with care as to not damage the packaging so I could return it if my suspicions where true.
The packaging included all hardware needed, the wall mount itself, an HDMI cable and instructions on how to install everything. The instructions could have been a little better, but still were pretty easy to follow. There is a bar code of sorts on the cover of the instructions.. So I went to the apple App Store, downloaded a free barcode scanner and the app used my phones camera to scan the barcode which took me straight to YouTube where a video started playing that showed how to install the new wall mount unit. The video is more or less an animated version of the instructions included in the package, there's no narrator, just video, but it's pretty simple. The hardest part of the job for us (my wife and me) was finding the studs in our old house. Nothing was 16" off center and our cheap stud detector wasn't cutting it. So we pulled a couple of strong earth magnets off our fridge and found the dry wall screws that way. We knew that the drywall would be fastened to the studs. We then found the center of the studs by using a very small drill bit and would drill into the wall on each side of the screw until we no longer hit wood. We then measured the distance between the two holes (that no longer hit wood) devided that in half and there was center. It's very important to find the center of the stud, especially the bigger and heavier your tv is, the lag bolts going into the studs, will be holding all the weight of your tv and your wall mount. Also if you drill small holes like us to find your stud edges, use a small drill bit so you can easily fill the holes with joint compound, spackling or even white tooth paste if you have nothing else. We also drilled these holes where we knew our tv mount would cover the holes. As far as the tools needed for installation, the instructions don't mention that you will need a socket and ratchet or at least a wrench for the lag bolts that go into the wall and a small one for adjusting the tilt (left/right and up/down) of the unit. I can't remember what size the socket was right now for the smaller size (tilt) but for the lag bolts(wall mounting bolts), we used a 1/2 inch socket.
The parts bag itself, contained all screws, washers, bolts, spacers necessary for installation. It even includes an Allen wrench for the screws and bolts used to secure your tv to the wall mount itself. It helps if you know your VESA size on the back of your tv... VESA, is a standard size that most well known tv makers agreed to use so it would be easier for the consumer to buy aftermarket wall mounts and stands. But there are still different size VESA's.
What was ours?? I had no idea, so I got on Google, typed in: What is the VESA on a UN75J6300 Samsung. And in an instant, I knew mine was 400x400. The reason it helped to know this was in the instructions, it let me know to skip step (A) and go straight to (B).
All in all, it wasn't hard at all... It did take us about an hour and a half to install it, but most of that time was finding the studs. It did help to have two of us for this project too. The wall unit alone is not heavy, but I held it up against the wall with a level on it while my wife traced the inside of the lag bolt slot holes with a pencil. We then set the unit aside and knew where to pre-drill the holes. It was also a must to have both of us when lifting the 75" tv to marry the two halves of the wall mount together. You will install part to the wall, and the other parts to the back of your tv... You then lift the tv up and place the two hooks of the part that you installed to the back of your tv, onto the v notches of the part mounted to the wall, then you fasten two screws in to fasten both parts to each other. Now is the time to use the smaller socket to loosen and or tighten the small nuts that will let you adjust the tilt up and down and side to side. I also had to loosen the two big locknuts on the arm itself.... Mine were so tight that the arm didn't want to unfold without a lot of effort. But a couple of turns with a wrench, and it swings freely now.
This was not to difficult of a project for us and I think I only said a couple bad words during the entire process. I definitely would recommend this product.