Check out these related products
- $18.26 List price $25.95Save $7.69
- $11.27 Was $12.03Save $0.76
- $17.29 List price $24.95Save $7.66
- $23.63 List price $24.95Save $1.32
- $19.08 List price $25.00Save $5.92
- $25.11 List price $29.95Save $4.84
- $15.87 Was $16.73Save $0.86
- $17.60 List price $26.00Save $8.40
- $18.52 List price $26.95Save $8.43
- $16.69 List price $24.95Save $8.26
- $9.48 List price $16.95Save $7.47
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Traces the contributions of the Fifteenth Air Force, highlighting their pivotal campaigns between November 1943 through May 1945 to disrupt the vital oil production and industrial plants on the Third Reich's southern flank.
November 1943--May 1945--The U.S. Army Air Forces waged an unprecedentedly dogged and violent campaign against Hitler's vital oil production and industrial plants on the Third Reich's southern flank. Flying from southern Italy, far from the limelight enjoyed by the Eighth Air Force in England, the Fifteenth Air Force engaged in high-risk missions spanning most of the European continent. The story of the Fifteenth Air Force deserves a prideful place in the annals of American gallantry.
In his new book, "The Forgotten Airmen: The Daring Airmen Who Crippled Hitler's Oil Supply," Tillman brings into focus a seldom-seen multinational cast of characters, including pilots from Axis nations Romania, Hungary, and Bulgaria and many more remarkable individuals. They were the first generation of fliers--few of them professionals--to conduct a strategic bombing campaign against a major industrial nation. They suffered steady attrition and occasionally spectacular losses. In so doing, they contributed to the end of the most destructive war in history.
"The Forgotten Airmen" is the first-ever detailed account of the Fifteenth Air Force in World War II and the brave men that history has abandoned. This book is a must-read for military history enthusiasts, veterans, current servicemen and their families.
|Number of Pages:||338|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 9.25 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.51 List price $30.00Save $11.49
- $11.55 List price $17.00Save $5.45
- $12.84 List price $17.95Save $5.11
- $11.53 List price $15.00Save $3.47
- $13.46 Was $14.48Save $1.02
- $11.42 List price $16.99Save $5.57
- $15.19 List price $18.95Save $3.76
- $11.19 List price $16.00Save $4.81
- $7.19 List price $8.99Save $1.80