The 5460 Series is much more advanced than te old 2000 model I used for 15+ years.I liked the review that suggested using a cerial box to prop up the bag while sealing te bags. Sure helped [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
FoodSaver FM5200 Series 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System for Food Preservation
- Addpowered by Allstate
Arrives by Mon, Apr 13
In stock at San Leandro, 1919 Davis St
About This Item
- Keep food fresh in the freezer up to 5x longer and in the fridge or pantry up to 2x longer, compared to ordinary storage methods
- Express Bag Maker reduces bag making steps by 50%, compared to previous models, with a unique second heat-sealing bar to automatically prep the next bag.
- Easy View Vacuum Window lets you easily control where you seal while the Open Roll Storage design lets you see when you need to replace the roll
- To get consistent results during sous vide cooking, use FoodSaver bags and rolls, which are specifically designed to withstand boiling temperatures, are safe to use, and BPA-free
- Starter kit includes (1) 11? x 10? heat seal roll, (3) 1-quart pre-cut heat seal bags, (2) 1-gallon pre-cut heat seal bags, (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags, (2) 1-gallon vacuum zipper bags. Care and Cleaning: Spot or wipe clean
Received this as a birthday gift from my wonderful brother. Absolutely love it. Using it to vacuum seal lettuce and other veggies in 1/2gallon mason jars. It's been two weeks, lettuce is still green and fresh. AMAZING! Leave FoodSaver on my countertop and using it daily with zipper vacuum seal/reseal bags to store cheese, lunch meat, etc. Have vacuum sealed and frozen, sausage, bacon, and chicken, I can see where food willl stay fresh longer and save us money. Love it and would recommend it for any size family.
Love love love my foodsaver! I would never go on living the way i lived before I had it. It's so easy to be able to cook whatever you want, just pop it out from the fridge or the freezer, and bam! Guaranteed freshness from the moment you open the bags, I don't have to go shopping everyday just to be sure that the meal we are going to eat will be fresh, now I can stock up on meat at discounted price take our home, seal it and it's freshness, and bam! It will be waiting for you to eat it that same level of freshness that you left it at before. I highly highly recommend food saver!!! It has not only saved me a bunch of money, but it's also saved my cooking reputation with my family. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
I've been using the Foodsaver systems for years and love that I can cook extra and freeze it for leftovers for a busy day. One thing ijust started for storing leftovers such as stew, spaghetti, beans, that type stuff or packaging hamburger meat to freeze, is once sealed I flatten them, lay them stacked in the freezer that way, less bulk and makes for more freezer room. This model is my favorite, I love the changes they made especially adding the pulse option and a window to see the end of the bag your sealing. Much better then guessing. The price is a little steep, however if you faithfully use it, you get your money's worth.
FoodSaver FM5460 2-In-1
Bought this as a replacement to one I bought over a decade ago. Very much improved over the years with ease of use, design. Looks nice on counted top and takes up very little space. Everything you need and use in one space. Very much worth the money and money you save. If into freezing or prolonged refrigerator life, definitely worth buying.
Definitely a must for every family!
We have had a Foodsaver for over 20 years! We use it for fresh vegetables, meats, leftovers, and many other things! We have even found a package of fresh peas which were 5 years old and they tasted like they had just been put up the day before! I would highly recommend it! We are now on our 4th one and each one gets better!
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question