It's basically the same printer as my old Qidi 1, except the Qidi comes with replacement parts, a better toolbox and costs $100 less. Unfortunately my Qidi reached the end of its 1 year life and died, and I couldn't find another one sold and shipped by Walmart or Amazon, so I had to resort to order a Flashforge. Like other printers, this one was tested at the factory, so the nozzles had filament left in them. Why they don't use their own nozzles for the test beats me. Since I'm paying full price I'd rather receive a printer with new nozzles. But not a big problem, I was able to unclog the right nozzle and replaced the left one, now it's up and running. So far it has worked very well with both PLA and ABS. Make sure you print spool holders before you run out of the filaments that come with the printer: The holders that come with the printer are too short for the standard, non-Flashforge filament spools. I like the software that comes with the printer, gives me the kind of control I need especially when printing with dual extrusion: it allows you to lower the temperature of one nozzle while the other is printing, which prevents the filament from frying inside the idle nozzle and clogging it.
About This Item
- Sturdy metal frame is substantially more stable than the Creator's original wood frame.
- Warp-resistant 6.3mm aluminum build platform remains perfectly level under the stress of high heat.
- New heat-resistant metal platform supports replace plastic supports.
- New heavy-duty (10mm) z-axis guide rod ensures steady and precise movement.
- New acrylic cover encloses the chamber to insulate and protect ABS prints.
- New LED light illuminates the build chamber.
- New integrated LCD screen and button board functions error-free.
- Filament Compatibility: PLA, ABS, PLA Color Change, Pearl, ABS Pro, Elastic, PVA, HIPS, PETG, TPE, TPU, Conductive Filament, Flexible Filament, Metal Filled Filament, Wood Filled Filament, and PP.
Fused Deposition Modeling
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
12.60 x 18.40 x 18.40 Inches
Customer reviews & ratings
Same as Qidi 1, $100 more with an anemic toolbox.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question