Check out these related products
- $11.23 Was $12.22Save $0.99
- $14.63 List price $19.95Save $5.32
- $11.09 Was $12.31Save $1.22
- $12.01 List price $15.95Save $3.94
- $12.99 Was $13.83Save $0.84
- $10.85 Was $12.47Save $1.62
- $11.37 Was $12.86Save $1.49
- $11.50 Was $13.10Save $1.60
- $13.42 Was $14.52Save $1.10
- $12.52 List price $16.95Save $4.43
Five Good Minutes in Your Body: 100 Mindful Practices to Help You Accept Yourself & Feel at Home in Your Body
Consider these popular products
- $10.20 List price $17.00Save $6.80
- $8.62 List price $15.00Save $6.38
- $15.50 List price $27.00Save $11.50
- $14.99 List price $24.99Save $10.00
- $10.87 List price $15.99Save $5.12
- $9.19 List price $14.95Save $5.76
- $14.22 List price $24.95Save $10.73
- $9.19 List price $15.99Save $6.80
- $5.79 List price $10.00Save $4.21
- $11.32 List price $14.95Save $3.63
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Presents easy mindfulness practices that help to recharge the body, accept oneself, and release tension and stress, providing five-minute activities to nourish the body and the soul.
Five Good Minutes(R) in Your Body offers simple yet effective activities to help us restore and recharge our relationships with our bodies. With these tools we can create a life that is more fulfilling-a life in which we are no longer at the mercy of the stress of our day. The practices can transform the mundane into the extraordinary, and renew our sense of vitality and passion for life.
Learning to be mindful of our bodies can be hard in this fast-paced, stressful world. Some of us live from the neck up, forgetting to nourish and appreciate-or even be comfortable in-our bodies. In the western world we often live nearly entirely in the mind. Through mindful practices, this book will help bring us back into our bodies and help us reduce stress, breathe again, and actually enjoy our bodies. We're also incredibly self-critical of our bodies. Who among us hasn't wished they were just a little skinnier, more muscular, taller, had a narrower foot, darker hair, lighter eyes... the list of our inadequacies is endless. We are very self-critical of our bodies and often have distorted perceptions of ourselves. We needlessly compare ourselves to some unattainable-and airbrushed-ideal. This often leads to feeling cut off from our bodies and, ultimately, disembodied. We then end up making unhealthy choices, such as eating foods that don't make us feel good, drinking too much, or even over-exercising, all in an effort to try to feel better about ourselves.
|Number of Pages:||247|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Brantley, Jeffrey , Millstine, Wendy|
|Series Title:||Five Good Minutes|
|Publisher:||New Harbinger Pubns Inc|
|Publication Date:||January, 2009|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.