Filters package arrived on-time. Not fast, but just as promised. They look like they are well-made and of good quality. 3M is a good and trusted brand. Being made in the USA adds confidence in the quality and makes you feel good you are buying American made. This particular top-of-the-line filter grade claims to filter bacteria and viruses, which is an added bonus during this COVID-19 pandemic. However, it does not filter odors. The price is very reasonable and could not be beat by other retailers, whether on-line or local hardware stores. The first filter I installed seems to work fine -although there is no way to check if it really filters all the pollution particles, germs, and viruses it claims to catch.
Filtrete 18x20x1, Advanced Allergen, Virus and Bacteria Reduction HVAC Furnace Air Filter, 1500 MPR, 1 Filter
About This Item
- Outperforms fiberglass, washable and non-electrostatic 3-month pleated 1" home air filters for your furnace, air conditioner, or HVAC system
- Designed with exclusive Filtrete? Brand 3-in-1 technology from 3M to trap unwanted air particles while letting cleaner air flow through
- Attracts and captures microscopic particles such as smoke, cough and sneeze debris, bacteria and viruses?and large particles, including lint, household dust and pollen
- Tip: The higher the MPR (Microparticle Performance Rating), the more particles the filter captures. Select 2500 or 2800 MPR to also capture ultrafine particles
- Filtrete 1500 MPR has a rating of MERV 12
- 1550 MPR available in 4?, 4? slim fit and 5? air filters
- For maximum performance of your heating & cooling system or HVAC system, change your home air filter at least every 90 days for 1? filters, and at least every 12 months for 4? and 5? filters
- For residential use only
- The higher the MPR, the more microparticles - such as pollen, pet dander, smoke, bacteria and viruses - your filter will capture from the air passing through it
- A dirty filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool - wasting energy. Sign-up for a filter change reminder program (www.filtrete.com/changereminders) that works for you!
- This product has been certified as asthma & allergy friendly?* (*As outlined in report ASCR: 1246-01 )
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
0.70 x 17.80 x 19.85 Inches
3M Filtrete Ultra Allergen Reduction 1500, 20x20x1
Customer for life!
I have been using these Healthy Living 2200 filtration level filters for a long time. I have 2 cats and wanted to deal with their dander and shedding. I must admit that from time to time I wondered if they were really worth the price, as they aren't cheap. I now have an answer to that wonder. I had a kitchen fire recently that resulted in a lot of damage to the kitchen, and smoke damage to the whole house. Once things calmed down, I thought about my air conditioning unit. I thought of all of that smoke being sucked into the unit and was petrified to check the air conditioning returns. When I opened the first cover my heart sank when I saw the filter, as it confirmed the serious nature of the damage. It was totally black with clumps of debris all over it. When I pulled the filter out and flipped it over, I was totally shocked at how well the filter worked! There was very little black residue to be seen!! I became a believer in that moment. I will never question the value of this filter again and I am a customer for life! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
I gave this product an excellent rating. I use them all the time and they seem to work great. Walmart had the best price on these filters at the time that I needed to order some. But as far as the way they were shipped I would give a no star rating. I ordered 6 filters and that is the way they are packaged, 6 to a box, but mine arrived 2 different days by USPS with 1 filter in each box, the size big enough to put all 6 filters into with no packing. Each box looked like it had gone thru a war zone. They were mashed and ripped, some filters were bent, but I believe I can strighten them out enough to use. I will not ever order filters from Walmart.com again, even if they do have the best price when I need filters.
I live in a senior adult property and calling the office to request a 'new' filter sometimes can get intrusive. I purchased this filter because I have many allergies, mostly pet centered, and would rather have my own filter in the a/c space than the flimsy filters the property uses. This is a perfect solution for me.
Arrived damaged beyond use.
Arrived damaged. I like that they carry what I wanted, but it doesn't do me much good if it arrives so damaged that it's useless. The fourth one is the one I attempted to push into the duct -- there is enough gap that very little will move across the filter. Attempted to reach out to Walmart; their system is apparently down.