This review is based on expectations. I'll see how a filter works over 3 months. These are rated 800 MPR. I previewed used the 300 MPR and was satisfied with them so these should do even better and catch smaller particles.
About This Item
3M Filtrete Micro Particle Reduction Air and Furnace Filter, Stock Up and Save 3-pack:
- Vastly improves the air quality in your home
- Keeps your air conditioning and heating systems running efficiently
- Removes dirt and reduces strain on the heating and air conditioning motors
- Made with both positively charged and negatively charged fibers
- Fibers act like tiny magnets to attract air-polluting contaminants
- Electrostatic filters perform better than comparable non-electrostatic fiberglass and washable/reusable filters
- Attracts and captures small, allergy-aggravating microparticles
- Cleans air with each pass through the filter
- 800 Microparticle Performance Rating (MPR), which means it is able to capture large and small particles from the air, including household dust, pollen, dust-mite debris, mold spores, pet dander, smoke, smog and bacteria
- Recommended that you change the filter every 3 months
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
3.00 x 16.00 x 25.00 Inches
Been using these for quite a while and does a pretty good job. In winter usually go with this brand but the charcoal ones since the house stays closed up more. However, they really do clean the air well, you can certainly tell the difference in air quality. And it is quite shocking when you see how much dust and such is in your air when you change them, so they do need to be replaced regularly for best effectiveness. Highly recommend them.
Dimensions are not correct
The price on this was fantastic, but that is about the only good thing I have to say about them. My furnace takes 2 filters. I already had one Filtrete 1000 filter, but needed another so I bought this 3 pack of 800 rated ones (giving me 1 to install with the 1000, and two left when they needed to be changed). The more expensive 1000 fit perfectly with no issues. This one I purchased as part of the 3pk is the same size 14x20x1, but way oversized and did not fit. I bent the frame on all sides, to reduce the size and it was still a incredibly tight squeeze and just did not fit correctly. Not sure how the same manufacturer can make the same size filters under different ratings completely different but they are. I did not return because I bent it so much to make it fit, but I should have. Will not purchase these ones again.
I have always used off brands of furnace filters, change every three months, go to go. I decided to treat ourselves with these being they were same price and a name brand. Put the first one in 12/23/2019, 11 days later a furnace guy is in the basement, furnace is not running, turns out the filter is so flimsy it sucked too close to the blower, causing the safety switch to shut down the heat, real treat to have happen, MN January. He put a new one in, thinking it could have been damaged in shipping, I checked today, 1/6/2020, the second of the three pack is doing the same thing. I'm sure the bill for the service call will make me wish I had stayed with the brand I was using. If your furnace has no safety switch you should not buy this brand of filter.
Received Item in Box but found Damage item inside
Item was in the box when I pick it up. No sign of damage on the box and did not open it in store. When I came home to check the air filter inside, the filters has damage where a heavy item must have press unto it. Don't know if this happen during their shipping or it was ship like that(damage). Anyway, not going to buy something like this online again.
The filters came crushed under 50+ pounds of cat litter. When I went back to the website to contact customer service, I noticed that the deal for the filters was no longer valid. I imagine the filters would've worked just fine before being crushed but now.....