* We own several LED TV's by LG & other manufacturers & bought 2) LG OLED TV's in 2016. The 65J8500 is the BEST LED TV I have ever seen. The stunning picture & attention to detail far exceed our expectations.
* The LG 65SJ8500 earned a ringing endorsement from a most unlikely source: Star, our Green-Winged Macaw! Star has always lived around a TV, but has never shown interest in the picture. Until now. One of the most colorful birds in the world can not take his eyes off of our 65" LG TV because of the indescribable colors! I uploaded 2) photos of Star mesmerized by his favorite TV.
* HDR looks great on this TV (see 2 HDR photos).
* The wide viewing angle allows everyone in our room to enjoy a clear, bright & high contrast picture. This is a very noticeable advantage over most competitive LED TV's.
* I love the remote! It is the perfect size & weight. Designed with a flat base & perfectly balanced, it stands up securely, taking up much less room & providing easier access than laying flat (see several photos showing remote in vertical position). This is the smoothest operating remote I have ever seen. The remote is FAR SUPERIOR to my 2) 2016 OLED TV remotes.
* The Harmon Kardon sound system built in this TV produces the BEST SOUND I have heard from speakers built in any TV (OLED or LED). Voices are clear & easy to understand. High frequencies are good. Bass is better than expected for an internal speaker, but not as strong as you would expect from a quality Soundbar or external high power sound system, of course.
* Yesterday I ordered an LG SJ8 Soundbar to compliment this TV & to bring out deep bass in movie tracks & concerts for added realism. You can even blend sound from the internal speakers with sound from the Soundbar, if you choose.
SMART TV INTERFACE:
* webOS 3.5 is hands down the MOST INTUITIVE, comprehensive interface of any Smart TV I have tested to date (OLED or LED).
* I love the direct Amazon button on the remote! This is a new addition not found on the 2016 webOS 3.0 & provides immediate, direct access to Amazon Prime movies. * The Channel Plus app connects to 100+ FREE premium internet channels, as well.
* The dedicated Netflix button is carried over from the 2016 LG remote.
* Just what you would expect from a top-of-the-line TV: 4) HDMI, 1 Composite input, 3) USB Ports, an Optical Digital Audio Out, Ethernet Port, WiFi, DLNA & Casting. Analog connections are possible by using a cable adaptor (included).
* I especially like how 2) HDMI & 1) USB jacks are on the side edge, while the remainder are on a special panel in back of the TV.
* If you mount this TV on a wall (which is easy to do with 4) bolts & a proper wall mount), simply use the side mounted HDMI inputs to avoid cables sticking straight out of the back.
* Buy right angle HDMI adaptors to keep cables from protruding from the rear of the TV if you need more than 2) HDMI inputs that are located on the side edge. Adaptors are available that will direct cable up, down, right or left.
* A right angle adaptor is also available for the screw in Coaxial Cable TV connector.
* The LG 65SJ8500 is THE BEST LED TV I have seen. The beautiful colors from the Nano Cell Display push it over the edge. This is a Top-Of-The-Line Premium Quality Television!
* To top it off, LG reduced the price to approximately 1/2 that of a similar sized OLED TV, making this an unbeatable value!
** The 65SJ8500 earns my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION! ** [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]