Essential Pepin: More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food
Customers also viewed these products
- $45.10 List price $65.00Save $19.90
- $16.79 List price $24.95Save $8.16
Check out these related products
- $15.20 List price $18.99Save $3.79
- $19.29 Was $21.97Save $2.68
- $17.78 Was $18.92Save $1.14
- $10.56 Was $13.51Save $2.95
- $15.55 List price $21.95Save $6.40
- $15.85 Was $17.18Save $1.33
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011, ISBN13 9780547232799, ISBN10 0547232799
For the first time ever, the legendary chef collects and updates the best recipes from his six-decade career. With a searchable DVD demonstrating every technique a cook will ever need.
In his more than sixty years as a chef, Jacques Pepin has earned a reputation as a champion of simplicity. His recipes are classics. They find the shortest, surest route to flavor, avoiding complicated techniques.
Now, in a book that celebrates his life in food, the world's most famous cooking teacher winnows his favorite recipes from the thousands he has created, streamlining them even further. They include Onion Soup Lyonnaise-Style, which Jacques enjoyed as a young chef while bar-crawling in Paris; Linguine with Clam Sauce and Vegetables, a frequent dinner chez Jacques; Grilled Chicken with Tarragon Butter, which he makes indoors in winter and outdoors in summer; Five-Peppercorn Steak, his spin on a bistro classic; Meme's Apple Tart, which his mother made every day in her Lyon restaurant; and Warm Chocolate Fondue Souffle, part cake, part pudding, part souffle, and pure bliss.
"Essential P"e"pin" spans the many styles of Jacques's cooking: homey country French, haute cuisine, fast food Jacques-style, and fresh contemporary American dishes. Many of the recipes are globally inspired, from Mexico, across Europe, or the Far East.
In the accompanying searchable DVD, Jacques shines as a teacher, as he demonstrates all the techniques a cook needs to know. This truly is the "essential" Pepin.
|Number of Pages:||685|
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.50 x 10.50 x 2.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.69 Was $18.06Save $1.37
- $12.29 Was $13.25Save $0.96
- $11.84 List price $16.95Save $5.11
- $9.24 List price $14.95Save $5.71
- $10.66 Was $11.50Save $0.84
- $17.85 List price $30.00Save $12.15
- $12.47 List price $17.99Save $5.52
- $11.46 Was $13.67Save $2.21
- $9.66 List price $19.99Save $10.33
- $14.55 List price $20.99Save $6.44
- $13.98 List price $19.95Save $5.97
- $21.87 Was $23.79Save $1.92
- $11.55 List price $16.99Save $5.44
- $14.53 List price $19.95Save $5.42