Same medication as Prilosec® for about 25% lower cost. The packaging has been changed for the better, too, from difficult-to-open blisters to bottles.
Equate Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg, treats frequent heartburn, 42 Count
Arrives by Mon, Mar 2
In stock at San Leandro, 1919 Davis St
About This Item
Equate Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg, 42 Ct:
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: The active ingredient in these delayed release tablets is omeprazole 20 mg, which works as an acid reducer to treat frequent heartburn. Compare to Prilosec OTC®.
TREATS FREQUENT HEARTBURN: These acid reducer pills treat frequent heartburn that occurs 2 or more times a week.
ACID REDUCER: Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) that deactivates pumps in the stomach lining to inhibit acid production at the source.
14-DAY COURSE OF HEARTBURN TREATMENT: Taken once every 24 hours for 14 days, Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is not intended for immediate relief of heartburn and may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
HEARTBURN TIPS: Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime. Certain foods or drinks are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some fruits and vegetables.
Stop Use Indications: Warnings: Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole. Do not use if you have: trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools; heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness; chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness; frequent chest pain. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor. Ask a doctor before use if you have: had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition; frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn; unexplained weight loss; nausea or vomiting; stomach pain. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs. Stop use and ask a doctor if: your heartburn continues or worsens; you need to take this product for more than 14 days; you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months; you get diarrhea; you develop a rash or joint pain. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
Health Concern: Heartburn
Inactive Ingredients: Carnauba wax, ferric oxide red, ferric oxide yellow, hypromellose, hypromellose acetate succinate, lactose monohydrate, monoethanolamine, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium stearate, sodium stearyl fumarate, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate.
Ingredients: Active ingredient (in each tablet): Omeprazole 20 mg. Inactive ingredients: carnauba wax, ferric oxide red, ferric oxide yellow, hypromellose, hypromellose acetate succinate, lactose monohydrate, monoethanolamine, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium stearate, sodium stearyl fumarate, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate.
Active Ingredients: Omeprazole delayed-release tablet 20 mg
Active Ingredient Name: Omeprazole
Dosage: 1 tablet
Instructions: Directions: for adults 18 years of age and older; this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days; it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours. 14-Day Course of Treatment: swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning; take every day for 14 days; do not take more than 1 tablet a day; do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor; swallow whole. Do not chew or crush tablets. Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed): you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months; do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor; children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
Explore this item
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
1.62 x 4.88 x 3.25 Inches
Active Ingredient Purpose
- Allergy alert:Do not use if you are allergic To omeprazole.
- Do not use If you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs Of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign Of a more serious condition. Heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness. Chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness Of breath. Sweating. Pain spreading To arms, neck or shoulders. Or lightheadedness. Frequent chest pain. Frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea or vomiting. Stomach pain.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use ifYou are taking: warfarin (blood thinning medicine). Prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines. Diazepam anxiety medicine. Digoxin heart medicine. Atazanavir medicine for hiv infection.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if Your heartburn continues or worsens. You need To take this product for more than 14 days. You need To take more than 1 course Of treatment every 4 months.
- Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: If pregnant or breast feeding ask a health professional before use.