Epistemic Economics and Organization: Forms of Rationality and Governance for a Wiser Economy
Check out these related products
- $107.36 List price $112.95Save $5.59
- $116.55 List price $134.95Save $18.40
- $70.59 List price $83.95Save $13.36
- $87.16 List price $93.95Save $6.79
- $61.34 List price $72.95Save $11.61
- $126.91 Was $134.23Save $7.32
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Taylor & Francis, 2011, ISBN13 9780415575652, ISBN10 0415575656
Although the modern economy and society is knowledge intensive, Anna Grandori argues that the dominant economic, organizational and behavioural models neglect to a large extent the problem of valid knowledge construction and effective knowledge governance. This book revisits the reasons for this state of affairs and the author focuses on three aspects: at the micro-level of assumptions about economic rationality, at the level of coordination and contracting among actors, and at the level of governance and organization structures.
The book integrates inputs from behavioural science with insights and models from the philosophy of knowledge and of economic philosophy to define new micro-foundations: neither a calculative, deductive and omniscient rational actor; nor an experiential, adaptive and biased behavioural actor; but a knowledgeable and imaginative epistemic actor .
|Number of Pages:||156|
|Series Title:||Routledge Studies in Global Competition|
|Primary Shelf ID:||586199|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Publication Date:||March, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.25 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $12.42 List price $28.00Save $15.58
- $10.78 List price $13.95Save $3.17
- $11.18 List price $23.00Save $11.82
- $16.64 List price $29.95Save $13.31
- $7.72 Was $9.91Save $2.19
- $15.73 Was $16.65Save $0.92
- $9.76 List price $15.99Save $6.23
- $19.00 List price $28.00Save $9.00
- $8.69 List price $14.99Save $6.30
- $11.87 List price $21.00Save $9.13
- $10.11 List price $17.00Save $6.89
- $16.17 List price $29.99Save $13.82
- $13.76 List price $25.00Save $11.24