Ematic EBW405 7" 4GB eBook Reader and Tablet PC Android 2.1 (Eclair) OS
Customers also bought these products
- $6.00 Was $9.20Save $3.20
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Introducing the Ematic EBW405 7" 4GB eBook Reader And Tablet! Combining the latest advances in portable entertainment, the Ematic EBW405 7" 4GB eBook Reader And Tablet comes preloaded with Kobo eReading software, giving you access to over 2.5 millions eBooks including 1 million free classics! With Android 2.1 OS, this Android eBook Reader gives you access to endless apps, functionality and entertainment! The 7.0" color touchscreen of this Ematic 7" eBook Reader (with Eclair OS) Tablet allows you to browse with the swipe of a finger.
Ematic with Wi-Fi 7" Touchscreen eBook Reader and Tablet PC:
- 4GB on-board storage memory
- 7.0" touchscreen, 800 x 400 resolution
- Built-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- USB 2.0 port
- 4GB on-board storage memory, additional memory via microSD card slot
- 720p HD video playback
- Lithium-ion battery
- Android 2.1 OS (Eclair)
- eReading app
- Adobe Reader Mobile and Android market (for applications)
- Included Box app provides 5GB of free cloud storage
- Media Formats: EPUB, TXT, PDF, MP3, WMA, FLAC, AAC, WAV, MP4, AVI, FLV, JPEG, BMP
- Ematic EBW405 7" 4GB eBook Reader And Tablet, battery, USB cable, user manual, eMusic offer and Kobo offer and AC adapter
What's a Tablet PC?
Tablet PCs, like the Ematic EBW405 7" 4GB eBook Reader And Tablet, are compact, ultra-portable entertainment devices that let you read email, surf the internet, read eBooks, view photos, play games, listen to music and watch video files. Most tablets are based on a smaller operating system, which allows you to purchase and download additional applications from supported stores. Tablet PCs do not have a CD/DVD drive and will not run Microsoft Windows or its applications. Tablet PCs function as a secondary device for casual entertainment purposes, and are not meant to replace a computer. They are ideal for use around the home and on the go with Wi-Fi or 3-4g mobile broadband connections (pay as you go, contract may be required for service).
|Manufacturer Part Number:||EBW405|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Features:||Wi-Fi Inbuilt , Color Screen|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 4.90 x 0.40 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- As far as the eReader is concerned: ***you won't be able to read Nook or Kindle ebooks on this.*** It has KOBO, its own ebook store. Some are free, some aren't. Try to find another third-party app that sells epub or pdf formats, as the built-in book reader will recognize pdf. NOTE: when you first try to directly open an epub ebook, you'll get a message that says "no handler" or something that says that there's no installed app to open it. Here's how to work around that: -If you downloaded the FILE EXPERT app from APPOKE, tap on FILE EXPERT from the menu (after pressing the HOME button, the one shaped like a house). -Tap on MY FILES. -Go to SD CARD (this is where you find files you uploaded from your computer via USB to your tablet, regardless of whether you have a MICRO SD card physically installed). -Scroll down with your finger until you find the desired file (in this case, I used the included ebook
). -DON'T TAP, but HOLD DOWN your finger or stylus on the file for 2-3 seconds. A menu "FILE OPERATIONS" will appear. Easiest to see all of it in PORTRAIT view (long and skinny view). - Tap on MORE... Another menu, OPERATION, will appear. -Tap on OPEN WITH. Another menu appears. -Tap on MORE... -Yet another menu appears. Different apps and options will appear on the menu. -Tap on EBOOKREADER. -Enjoy the book.by edwh8711/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- They can come from many places, but not necessary anywhere. The device has Kobo software preloaded, so things you buy from Kobo will automatically sync. You can buy from other sellers too if their books are available in epub or non DRM mobi formats but will need software like Calibre or Adobe Digital Editions to push the books onto the device. Most epub books you buy will probably have digital rights management, which prevents you from buying the book once then giving it to other people for free. Software like Adobe Digital Editions will let you manage the DRM and sync these books with the device. It's a free download and simple enough to use when you get the hang of it. You would also use the Adobe Digital Editions, for example, to manage ebooks borrowed from the library. These upload same as books you own, but "time out" after a time (typically two or three weeks).by surakmn4/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I download from my library but you can download from anywhere that uses a compatable software. Software is listed in the item specs. Won't accept Kindle.by mcda233/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, but you'll have to download from somewhere other than Google Play. There are other markets. I was able to find it on GETJAR.by edwh8711/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it can. You can download the amazon store app which has a lot games incluing angry birds.by Shunda4/29/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Consider these popular products
- $49.98 List price $79.99Save $30.01
- from $34.03
- Rollback$239.00 Was $349.00Save $110.00