I was already a Dyson owner, and sold on their full sized vacs, but have always been leery of the cordless hand vacs as I had never found one that was worth two cents, let alone $160. But as I have remained impressed with my Dyson upright, I thought I'd give this a chance - and very happy that I did!! I'm a wood worker and it is a great addition to my shop. I works great and is easy to maintain. And if, like me, you already own the upright, you don't need to purchase the accessory pack to get the extension, as the wand on the upright works great with this unit. That makes it great for small jobs like bathrooms and entry ways, as well as base boards. Again, Dyson hit one out of the park with this unit ..... I'd suggest not wasting your money on less expensive units.
Dyson DC34 Bagless Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Addpowered by Allstate
About This Item
The Dyson DC34 handheld cordless vacuum cleaner is designed for small tasks at home, work or in your car. Powered by the Dyson digital motor and featuring Root Cyclone Technology, this powerful handheld won't lose suction as you clean.
Products that are ENERGY STAR-qualified prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. The ENERGY STAR name and marks are registered marks owned by the U.S. government, as part of their energy efficiency and environmental activities.
Dyson DC34 Bagless Cordless Hand Vacuum:
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor
- up to 3 times faster than conventional motors, making it the most powerful handheld
- Features patented Root Cyclone Technology: no suction loss
- Wide debris nozzle picks up crumbs and large particles
- Converts to a brush tool for dusting
- Crevice accessory tool for cleaning in tight gaps and narrow spaces
- Lifetime filter that doesn't need replacing, just wash every month
- Hygienic bin emptying: just push the button to release the dirt
- Clear bin made from tough polycarbonate lets you see when it needs emptying
- Lightweight and ergonomic: only 2.92 lbs with balanced weight distribution for easy handling
- Tough construction: made from the strongest materials available to withstand bumps and bashes
- LED battery indicator flashes when there's less than one minute of power left
- 22.2V lithium-ion battery releases charge evenly with no drop off
- recharges up to 3 times faster than others
- Direct charging: charger plugs directly into the battery, attached or separate to the machine
- Dual power mode: 15 minutes of high constant suction or 6 minutes of MAX power for more difficult tasks
- Energy Star-qualified: once battery is charged, the charger switches to monitoring mode, drawing in less than 1 watt of power
- 2-year warranty, including parts and labor
- Model# DC34
DYSON DC34 BAGLESS CORDLESS HAND VACUUM
The Dyson DC34 Bagless Cordless Hand Vacuum does what the product claims. It is easy to handle, very practical, and very easy to use. Either for a quick and effective vacuum at home, or for the car, you get the job done, PERIOD. Job well-done on Mr. Dyson's end. Keep it up :)
What's not to love? Modern design, quiet motor, easy to clean the bin. Complaints about time limits are ridiculous! Read the directions- 15 mins. on regular mode, 6 mins. on MAX mode. If you need more time, buy a plug in. This machine is so good, it leaves vacuum marks on my rug. It's really sucking the dirt. The MAX suction button could be a bit bigger. I sometimes don't realize that I'm in MAX mode. You need to hold the button continuously for it to operate. I suppose if your hand is weak, that might be a problem, but my toddler son has no problems holding the button in. Perhaps a bit heavier than others (my last handy vac was a B & D) but for simple jobs, it's fine.
Dyson DC34 Bagless Cordless Hand Vacuum
The vacuum works as expected. It's quite powerful and does a great job in picking up dust and heavier debris. Although I recommend the product I do have a wish list for it. Battery life at 15 minutes is short. The battery is not removeable and therefore you can not have one fully charged waiting in the wings. It must be recharged while on the vacuum and takes 3+ hrs to do so. The dust/debris container is small and must be emptied frequently. The unit is also fairly noisy when operating although not a deal-breaker. I still would buy this again at the heavily discounted price I paid of $99 but not at the list price of twice that.
Great hand vac
My wife and I have three little ones and we constantly have stuff thrown on the floor. It's nice to just grab the small cordless hand vac instead of dragging the vacuum cleaner out every time there's a clean up and there is a lot in our house. We had been given other handheld vacs but they never really worked to our satisfaction. The only issue that we have is that the battery does not last as long as we would've like especially if you have it on Max suction. Other than that we love it and are glad we bought it.
Very good, but could be better
Suction is good. Battery charging takes a long time, several hours, and lasts about 15 minutes on a charge. Obviously, this is for quick cleanup jobs, but it would be nice if you could use it a little longer. I am getting ready for Winter, and was vacuuming out the window sills and putting down the storm windows. It died before I got all of them done, but maybe I'm asking too much from a device that is designed basically for spot cleaning. The collection is easy to empty, and the attachments work well. The WAL-MART price is very good, and you really don't need to spend $70 more on the new Dyson replacement for this model. This one works fine. Overall, it's a great value for quick clean up jobs.
No better than a much less expensive brand
First, let me say that this is the second item I received from walmart.com, that appeared to be used. The Dyson tape that sealed the product box, had been cut, and the box looked like it had been around the block...quite a few times. That being said, I charged the unit for 3.5 hours, as directed, only to get a whole 3 minutes of use (regular setting) prior to the light flashing (battery low). I bought this to upgrade from my old no-brand vac I have had for years. Not worth the money, even at half price.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question