Check out these related products
- $17.61 Was $19.23Save $1.62
- $15.05 List price $15.99Save $0.94
- $13.94 Was $14.95Save $1.01
- $15.18 List price $17.99Save $2.81
- $6.71 List price $8.99Save $2.28
- $15.75 List price $18.00Save $2.25
- $26.14 List price $35.00Save $8.86
About this item
About this item
In a magical alternate world where ancient myths blend with modern locations, street painter Jilly and fiddle-playing Geordie struggle for survival in the wake of underground tunnels, ghostly dreams, and mermaid songs. Reprint. 17,500 first printing.
"Welcome to Newford. . . ."
Welcome to the music clubs, the waterfront, the alleyways where ancient myths and magic spill into the modern world. Come meet Jilly, painting wonders in the rough city streets; and Geordie, playing fiddle while he dreams of a ghost; and the Angel of Grasso Street gathering the fey and the wild and the poor and the lost. Gemmins live in abandoned cars and skells traverse the tunnels below, while mermaids swim in the grey harbor waters and fill the cold night with their song.
Like Mark Helprin's "A Winter's Tale" and John Crowley's "Little, Big, Dreams Underfoot" is a must-read book not only for fans of urban fantasy but for all who seek magic in everyday life.
|Number of Pages:||448|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||De Lint, Charles|
|Publisher:||St Martins Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $7.43 List price $7.99Save $0.56
- $5.98 List price $9.99Save $4.01
- $15.47 Was $18.88Save $3.41
- $9.25 Was $10.80Save $1.55
- $5.09 List price $7.99Save $2.90
- $13.98 List price $14.95Save $0.97