Many drone pilots are wondering if the Mavic Pro will cannibalize sales of the Phantom 4. This is a VERY capable drone with a very good camera and gimbal. The app had its moments right when I first got it, but has become a lot more stable with the last two updates.
About This Item
DJI Mavic Pro:
- Inside the Mavic's pocket-sized remote controller is DJI's brand new OcuSync transmission technology, with a range of 4.3 miles and Full HD 1080p video streaming
- OcuSync is an all new DJI designed long range transmission technology capable of up to 4.3 miles of transmission range (unobstructed), HD 720p long range and Full HD 1080p short range video streaming — far surpassing the capabilities of any WiFi transmission system
- Using Flight Autonomy it can see obstacles as far away as 49' in front, so that it can fly at up to 22mph while avoiding the things it sees
- This obstacle avoidance system is activated in every Intelligent Flight Mode including all ActiveTrack modes, TapFly and Terrain Follow
- If you use automatic Return to Home, it switches on too, so that as the Mavic makes its way back to you, it won't bump into anything in its path
- FlightAutonomy technology means the Mavic can hover precisely in more environments and automatically land almost exactly where you took off
- When you tell the Mavic to fly home, it will return to that coordinate, match the video and land back at your feet
- Custom-designed high-energy density batteries, an intensely efficient optimized propulsion system and advanced power management systems give the Mavic a much longer flight time than you would expect from its compact size, capable of reaching an absolute max flight time of 27 minutes
- In regular use, you can expect flight times of approximately 21 minutes
- The Mavic is the only drone of its size to carry an integrated high-precision 3-axis mechanical camera stabilization system, giving you crystal clear photos and smooth videos, without losing a single pixel
- Image stabilization and camera drones go hand in hand, because without it, your photos may blur and your videos will jerk
- The Mavic carries an expertly miniaturized camera stabilization system known as a 3-axis gimbal
- When you have a 4K sensor, you expect 4K results without compromises
- Every shot you take with the Mavic Pro can be up to 4K, captured at 30 frames per second
- Active Track uses deep learning, computer vision and advanced autonomous flight strategies to make complex, creative shots as simple as possible with just a tap
- No GPS bracelets, no transmitters
- The Mavic has been trained to detect and recognize a number of common subjects including people, bike riders, vehicles and even animals
- Once you have marked your subject, you can fly around them to create a huge variety of shots depending on the mode you are in
- Choose from Trace, Profile or Spotlight, to give every scene you shoot that professional touch
- As the Mavic is tracking, you can even select exactly where you want them in the frame, for more control over your final shot
- Every photo you take with the Mavic can be as big as 12 megapixels
- Combined with an image sensor that has been expertly tuned for aerial images, all you need to do is find the perfect subject
- You can even flip the camera 90 degrees for portrait oriented shots, just like you do with your phone
- If you are as concerned about editing as you are about composition, you can capture every photo in Adobe DNG RAW to give you all the editing power you need to turn any photo into a work of art
- Sometimes a phone is all you need to fly
- Not only does the Mavic support flying on your phone with Virtual Joysticks, but you also have full access to all of its Intelligent Flight Modes — TapFly, Trace, Spotlight, Profile and Circle
- Using just your phone, you can capture photos and video so incredible, that no one will believe you did it by tapping a screen
proposition 65 reasons:PROP 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to some kind of chemicals, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Explore this item
|Care Plan Eligible|
|Product URL Text|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
You are viewing
DJI Mavic Pro Drone
|12 Years & Up|
Customer reviews & ratings
DJI Mavic Prp
Awesome drone , use it everyday
Mavic Pro is Awesome!!!
Awesome drone, flown it many times, takes great video. The DJI Go 4 app also has a video editor which works very well to edit, add music and share your videos to social media etc. Don't be misguided by the reviews talking about the NFZ "No Fly Zone" with any drone purchase you need to follow FAA regulations, you can still fly in some of these zones by contacting the airport and letting them know you intend to fly in the zone. Rating the drone on NFZ's has no reflection on the product, simply uninformed users. DJI builds a quality product, the Mavic is simply amazing.
What a thrill!
The Mavic is a great drone whether your are a beginner or expert pilot. It is small and compact which makes it a breeze to transport to any location. The camera takes great photos and video up to 4k. The seller is awesome and I would recommend buying from them.
I brought this from sams in may. I have flown it over 30 hours and over 100 flights. I update every firmware. I never calibrated anything. Its been a flawless product so far. Amazing long list of things it can do. When i ask it to return to me on its own called RTH (return to home). It lands by itself within an inch from where it took off and recorded HOME. I did buy the goggles It took awhile for me to get use to them and get a true 1080p out of it but I always use the goggles now The drone is a keeper too. Just read the manual and use beginner in the app and fly their simulator in the app as well. Read about FAA rules and comply. Have fun. You will
it works fine but the price is expensive compared to rate at market
till today, the best drone in market.
This is beyond my expectations in GPS locations and danger zones not to fly. I had to call the control tower of some airports before using my drone and follow the procedures in the DJI app to unlock my drone. This is a very simple process that guarantees you will not cause any damage to manned aircraft in the area close to airports. Without this feature, you wouldn't know you're in a danger zone. #sweepstakes
Marvel of the Mavic Pro
There's nothing to not like about this drone. The features and capabilities deliver an amazing flying, photo, and video experience. Every time I take this little drone out for a flight, I'm continuously amazed at how they are able to pack so much in to such a small bundle. The camera isn't as good as the Phantom nor the Inspire, but it holds it own and is, by far, the best in its class. The GPS, flight controls from the controller and altitude all work flawlessly. DJI has thought of almost everything; from beginner mode to expert. Their DJI GO4 apps is loaded with so many tools that make the drone experience enjoyable for people at all levels.
Mostly great, but minor issues.
I bought this item strictly as a toy, but have had a blast with it. It shipped quickly, and came with everything promised. The pictures and videos are incredible, and is VERY easy to fly. Pretty consistently it would disconnect from the controller, leaving me helpless. Eventually it will "fly home", but it makes me uncomfortable every time. I just sent it in for repair hoping for a fix!
poor video quality
If you are hoping to take high quality video then this is not the drone for you. It has "jello" effect which means as the video pans side to side or top to bottom, there is a very noticeable "jiggling" in the picture and recorded video.
There is also a serious glare from the camera dome when the sun is low or hitting the dome. It renders the video useless.
The benefit to this drone is its portability and light weight...that is great but the video is not useable.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question