I'm not a big fan of 1st person shooters, but after hearing all the guys going on and on about how great this game was, I broke down and bought it. I'm now on my 14th time through the game and have am still finding new things in new areas. If you like Skyrim, you'll love this game. If you like Resistance: Fall of Man, you'll love this game. It only takes about 10 minutes to get into the meat and potatoes of this game (the first 10 minutes get you used to the controls and then you're off and stealthing past enemies or drop assassinating them from ledges, lights, and rooftops. The first time through, I was casual and not really exploring everything, just getting to the objectives for each mission (there are 8, but they can be expansive and in depth depending on how you choose to play them) and it took me just under 20 hours to complete the game. The next time through, I skipped over the mixture of stealth and attack only when attacked and went straight into total carnage and finished the game in just over 13 hours. The third time through, I went through killing 18 enemies throughout all 8 missions and it took over 38 hours. There is great replay value to the game as it adapts to how you play it (the more people you kill, the more plague infected weepers you encounter as well as rats.... lots and lots of flesh eating rat hoardes). The sword fighting is pretty much limited to defense while I prefer sneaking up on the enemies and choking them out from behind (and occasionally giving them the sword if there is a sentry patrolling nearby). Then of course there are the bone charms which give you super natural powers and your arsenal goes from a sword, pistol, crossbow, springrazor traps, and grenades to a whole new plethora of butt kicking skills that you use to assassinate the assassins that killed the queen you were sworn to protect. All in all, this game is perfectly perfect. I recommend for the best gaming experience, use the xray vision and heart as much as possible, you'll kick more butt and make more pickups with them.
About This Item
- Improvise and Innovate: Approach each assassination with your own style of play. Use shadow and sound to your advantage to make your way silently through levels unseen by foes, or attack enemies head-on as they respond to your aggressiveness. The flexible combat system allows you to creatively combine your abilities, supernatural powers and gadgets as you make your way through the levels and dispatch your targets. Improvise and innovate to define your play style.
- Action with Meaning: The world of Dishonored reacts to how you play. Move like a ghost and resist corruption, or show no mercy and leave a path of destruction in your wake. Decide your approach for each mission, and the outcomes will change as a result.
- Supernatural Abilities: Teleport for stealth approaches, possess any living creature, or stop time itself to orchestrate unearthly executions! Combining your suite of supernatural abilities and weapons opens up even more ways to overcome obstacles and eliminate targets. The game's upgrade system allows for the mastery of deadly new abilities and devious gadgets.
- A City Unlike Any Other: Enter an original world envisioned by Half-Life 2 art director Viktor Antonov. Arkane and Bethesda bring you a world where industry and mysticism collide, creating an atmosphere thick with intrigue. The world is yours to discover.
- Download the Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall DLC (available as a separate download) and take on the role of Daud, the legendary assassin who killed the Empress. This second add-on pack for the award-winning first person action game from Arkane Studios gives you a new perspective on Daud, and access to his weapons, gadgets, allies and supernatural abilities.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Sexual Themes, and Intense Violence
Explore this item
|Video Game Platform|
|Primary Distributor ID|
|Video Game Collection|
Country of Origin - Components
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Country of Origin - Assembly
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)
You are viewing
|USA or Imported|
|Action & Adventure|
|USA or Imported|
|7.5 x 5.0 x 0.5 Inches|
This game absolutely ROCKS!
Fast delivery just what I ordered what more can I say thanks
Game was exactly what was expected!!!
Good game! Definitely more for older kids/adults.
Husband Really Likes the Game
I purchased this game for my Husband. He really enjoys it. It took him a little while to get used to the movement of the characters and with practice he has become a loyal fan of the game.
Very Good Game
The reason I only give this game a 4 out 5 is because the graphics are average, and the storyline is short, there is 8 missions and you can probably beat the game in 18 hours which is still a lot of time but it seems to go by fast. The good things are that the game is really fun to play, you can go back and choose which specific mission you want to do, and it is just a really good game.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question