If you attempt to compare this to other games, you will fail and this game will fail in comparison, because it kind of lumps together a lot of games. The way it does best is as a FPS with a great multiplayer component. It is a 10/10 an that is what the game is made for, to be a shooter. It definitely has it's problems, but considering I've played 30 hours and have only played one class (essentially 1/3rd of the game), and have still not leveled up that one class completely, this game is huge! Is it huge in terms of how much there is to explore or story wise? No. But in terms of fun and things to do, yes. People ultimately give this game a bad rep just because it doesn't meet their expectations. Come in with a clean mind of a shooter game with some RPG elements, and you will love it. I stopped playing battlefield 4 and only play this game now. Tons of fun, especially with friends online.
About This Item
- Brave New Worlds: Destiny will instantly draw players into a universe of heroes and legends, with worlds and storytelling crafted by Bungie, the creators of Halo... one of the most beloved and critically acclaimed entertainment franchises of all time.
- Your Legend: In Destiny you create your own legend as you and your friends venture out into the solar system to reclaim the treasures and secrets lost after the collapse of our Golden Age. Over the course of your adventures you become more powerful, able to wield rare and exotic weapons, gear, and powers.
- A Connected Universe: Destiny is more than a disc in a drive, it is a persistent online universe filled with other players. As the story grows and expands over time, so do the destinations you can access, the activities you experience, and the rewards you can earn.
- A Social Experience: Destiny's many destinations will feature areas called Public Spaces where players journeying solo or with friends will seamlessly cross paths with other players and Fireteams, some on similar missions, others engaging in completely different activities.
- Classes: Destiny features three unique classes to choose from, each with their own custom looks and abilities. Players will be able to crush their enemies as a Titan, vanquish foes as a crafty Hunter, or unleash incredible arcane energies on any adversary as a Warlock.
- Adventure Awaits: Personalize and upgrade every aspect of how you look and fight with an expansive combination of armor, weapons, and visual customizations. Take it all with you into every mode, including Destiny's story, competitive multiplayer, and public combat destinations. Return to The City, Destiny's third person social space to rearm and repair before going out on your next adventure.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Animated Blood and Violence
Wireless FCC Warning
Explore this item
|Video Game Platform|
|Primary Distributor ID|
|Video Game Collection|
Country of Origin - Components
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Country of Origin - Assembly
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)
You are viewing
|USA or Imported|
|First Person Shooter|
|USA or Imported|
|7.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 Inches|
Customer reviews & ratings
One of the best FPS I've ever played.
Very big, very exciting game. Was pumped knowing that it was coming from the makers of Halo and COD, and they did not let us down! The worlds are huge and there is so much to do I don't think I'll ever complete everything. Well done!
My 16 year old loves this game.
My 16 year old purchased this game to play on-line with a friend and he says that anyone who likes Halo will like this game, also. He gives it a high rating.
Best ps4 game yet!!
We'll worth the wait I oredered the game from walmarts electronic department using there computer, paye cash and game was shipped to my house a day before release date. Thank you walmart and fed ex.best game ever!!
I bought this for my husband and i also love watching this game while he is playing it..
It's Your Destiny to Buy this Game!
I bought this as a gift for Christmas, and it was more than well received! Screams of joy could be heard by all of my neighbors. My son nearly lost his mind when he opened this present. He's already a master at this game! The graphics are amazing, and I've only heard one curse word which was the "H" word (apparently you can't say the actual word in the review). It is violent, so I wouldn't recommend it for smaller children. But for teenagers and those older children we call husbands, it's perfect!
Can't get my fiancé off it!
I purchased this game for my fiancé who absolutely loves it . I haven't been able to get him off. The graphics are great and there's so much you can do with your character, like appearance wise and building him or her up. So very happy with this purchase. The only thing I was bummed out on was that I was told it was similar to Halo ( which I enjoy) unfortunately it is not 2 players. I can't go on missions with him or join in on the fun, but he has a blast anyways playing solo. Other than that it's an entertaining game .
My son seems to love this game.
It's still worth every penny!
Destiny have an amazing story line and adding on your friends to experience it with you makes it better! Although I like this game it story does somewhat end early until the dlc comes out in December, but we have to give them time to work with this new IP! One of the best game for next gen!
Despite the bad reviews the game has been getting, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I've been approaching it as more of an mmo than a shooter, so maybe that's why I feel differently. The game does have some room for improvement and it seems Bungie will be making many changes/improvements over time.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question