Decoding the Heavens: A 2,000-Year-Old-Computer- And the Century-Long Search to Discover Its Secrets
Check out these related products
- $18.99 Was $21.50Save $2.51
- $11.85 Was $14.46Save $2.61
- $14.28 Was $15.45Save $1.17
- $14.67 Was $15.71Save $1.04
- $13.36 Was $14.36Save $1.00
- $13.51 Was $14.38Save $0.87
- $13.79 Was $14.66Save $0.87
- $12.74 List price $16.95Save $4.21
- $10.91 List price $15.99Save $5.08
- $12.39 List price $14.99Save $2.60
- $18.18 List price $24.00Save $5.82
- $13.96 List price $19.99Save $6.03
- $19.15 Was $21.12Save $1.97
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Perseus Books Group, 2010, ISBN13 9780306818615, ISBN10 0306818612
In "Decoding the Heavens," Jo Marchant tells for the first time the full story of the hundred-year quest to decipher the ancient Greek computer known as the Antikythera Mechanism. Along the way she unearths a diverse cast of remarkable characters and explores the deep roots of modern technology in ancient Greece and the medieval European and Islamic worlds. At its heart, this is an epic adventure and mystery, a book that challenges our assumptions about technology through the ages.
|Number of Pages:||328|
|Publisher:||Perseus Books Group|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.