De La Cruz Gentian Violet First Aid Antiseptic Liquid 1 oz
Customers also viewed these products
- Reduced Price$8.23 List price $14.74Save $6.51
- $11.97 Was $13.96Save $1.99
- $7.24 Was $7.98Save $0.74
- Reduced Price$8.45 List price $11.24Save $2.79
- Reduced Price$18.26 List price $19.74Save $1.48
- $3.96 Was $4.94Save $0.98
- Reduced Price$13.04 List price $14.49Save $1.45
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$15.62 List price $16.58Save $0.96
- Reduced Price$15.49 List price $16.45Save $0.96
- Reduced Price$5.99 List price $7.19Save $1.20
- Clearance$4.38 List price $9.30Save $4.92
- Reduced Price$9.41 List price $13.32Save $3.91
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Gentian violet is a proven antiseptic dye commonly used to treat fungal infections of the skin like ringworm and athlete's foot. It is also good for cuts, scrapes and bruises, due to its mild antibacterial effects to prevent infection. The name is due to its color, note that it is not made from gentian or violet flowers. Fungal infections, including fungal skin infections, oral candidiasis (oral thrush), and vulvovaginal candidiasis (vaginal thrush). IT has also been used to treat oral thrush in patients who are HIV-positive. Superficial bacterial skin infections such as infected eczema, boils, and chronic (long-standing) leg ulcers. Gentian violet may also be active against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Oral hairy leukoplakia (white plaques on the edges of the tongue). This condition occurs in patients with weakened immune systems, particularly HIV-positive individuals. Oral hairy leukoplakia is associated with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), the cause of glandular fever. EBV infection results in the generation of reactive oxygen species; gentian violet is thought to work by inhibiting reactive oxygen
Warning Text: Keep out of reach of children.
|Size:||1 fl oz|
|Container Type:||Plastic bottle|
|Brand:||De La Cruz|
|Features:||First aid antiseptic , Alcohol 9% , For external use only|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes, it includes Active Ingredients (Gentian Violet - 1 %Anti-Infective) and Inactive Ingredients (Purified Water, Alcohol).by CommunityAnswer8/31/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this can be used for oral thrush. You would apply it with a swab/Q-tip. Be careful, as it stains.by TsalagiMe8/19/2016Was this answer helpful? (32) (5)Was this answer helpful?
Consider these popular products
- $6.09 Was $6.44Save $0.35
- $14.76 Was $17.98Save $3.22